The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got my TT

Thomas_germany

Got my first supra back in 2008 and crashed it on the way home from the purchase. It was a NA. Well, after A LOT of work this came out:

I put it up for sale like 4 weeks ago and last week the first potential buyer was looking at it an was testdriving.

So last wednesday he picked her up and she was driving away. Honestly I wasn't even gutted. Why? Because the day befor I booked my flight to London to look at a TT Supra there.

On Friday my plane went form Stuttgart, Germany to London Heathrow. I met Patrick (UK-Seller here on the forum) at the airport and we drove to his home.

And there she was: Red, completely stock bodywork, looked liked brand new from the inside, the trunk looked like it has never been opened befor, paint was in very good condition, as far I've seen no rust under the car. So me and Patrick took a testdrive and I was very satisfied.

So we did all the paperwork and me and my stepfather left Patrick at 15:00. It took us just about two hours to get to Dover where we took the ferry to Calais in France. We reached Calais at 21:00 and went through France, Belgium and Netherlands until we reached germany all the way down where Köln is.

So far we did about 400 miles.

From Köln to Stuttgart where I live it was still 250 miles.

The only breaks we took, were gasstops. So we reached my house on saturaday morning at 5:00.

The Supra did very well over these 650 miles. No problems at all.

There she is in germany in front of my garage:

Now I got to get all the things done for TÜV (german MOT)

Over the weekend I put my Seibon TS Style bonnet and my TRD full carbon spoiler on her. Next is a autobahn88 FMIC kit with piping, which I ordered yesterday.

I'm also looking to get a carbon front lip, some coilovers to lower her and I'll have the wheels painted black. That's it. The car is in such a good condition, that I will not change anything that can't be undone. Expect of the carbon parts, the body will be left stock and red.

Well, thanks Patrick for selling me this great car!

I'll keep pictures coming. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Thomas_germany (see edit history)

Nice car! how much will cost you to change it to Germany number plate, TUV,and insurance ? take care of it!

I need

- new headlights

- an e-marked racing-cat, because it's a straight through wifbitz on it, that I'd like to keep in place force the stock cat

- dyno-run since I don't put down stock power

- full TÜV

So all that will be arround 1900 €. Insurance I don't know yet.

Yeah. It drives VERY different from the NA. Love it. I've been on the club for over two years already, but still thanks for the 'welcome' :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
looks good, think you need clear indicator bulbs instead of the orange ones

+1 Also, dare I say the car looks a little TOO low? Kinda like (whisper it) a "slammed VeeDub"..... :taped: :eek:

But I'm loving cleaning work matey so keep the updates coming! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...