PDA

View Full Version : New Member- Tej

Supramacy
14-10-12, 18:19
Hi Supra members, my name is tej and I'm a new member. I'm a big fan of the supra ever since I saw it in the Fast and furious film, in all it's orange glory. However, I do not own a supra but intend on buying one shortly, as a project car. I've just joined up today, as I see this forum as a great platform to help build my Supra and judging by the picks of some of your guys Superb Supra's, I'm in the right place :)

safcdixon
14-10-12, 18:55
Welcome to the club dude, always good to see more interest from the north east

LOGIE
14-10-12, 18:57
Hi and welcome, nice intro. Lots of good cars for sale right now. What spec you after?

Supramacy
14-10-12, 20:01
Cheers for the welcome lads. It's good to know there are Supra enthusiasts close-by :)
Being a student and self-funding, I'm on a tight budget, so I was just after the lower spec Toyota Supra 3.0 turbo

DaveR
14-10-12, 20:26
Hello and :welcome:

I'm on a tight budget, so I was just after the lower spec Toyota Supra 3.0 turbo

I think you'll find that's the higher-spec one! ;)

DodgyRog
14-10-12, 20:29
Welcome to the Club

Loads of info under the search function

What sort of budget are you looking at to get your Supra

Supramacy
14-10-12, 20:51
Haha, you can tell I'm a new member :s
So is the 3.0 turbo liftback mid spec and twin turbo the highest spec?
Ive priced a couple of Supra's up, 1,999 and 3000 for the 3.0 turbo liftback. My budget was around 2500-3000 but I'm not sure if I'm being realistic, as I want to save on the purchase of the car and put more outlay on aftersale parts......

Neil1985
14-10-12, 21:04
Hi and welcome,

I doubt you will find a twin or single turbo for that price. Unless its a real dog.

Your get a good N/A for that kind of money.

I sold my N/A today and thats the top end of your budget

sideexitsupra
14-10-12, 21:05
All the turbos are twin turbo as factory spec. Many on here have upgraded to a single turbo and some have converted NA Supes to a single turbo.

Hope that helps?

Westy
14-10-12, 21:06
Welcome!:)

Supramacy
14-10-12, 21:28
Thanks again for all the welcomes :)
So what would be a realistic budget for a turbo?
Any good websites besides from autotrader to lurk? I see on autotrader they put turbo in the title and then in their description, say its a non turbo......
Cheers for your help guys :)

Chris Bailey
14-10-12, 23:20
Thanks again for all the welcomes :)
So what would be a realistic budget for a turbo?
Any good websites besides from autotrader to lurk? I see on autotrader they put turbo in the title and then in their description, say its a non turbo......
Cheers for your help guys :)

5K for a decent J-spec Twin Turbo :)

tony tt
14-10-12, 23:21
Welcome.