The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is "Modifying Cars" as addictive as smoking?

jevansio

Well I've spent nearly a year turning my stock Supra into the car I want, engine, suspension, brakes & subtle exterior. Spent a fair penny doing it too. It's not there yet, but it's not far off.

As there's not much left to do I horrifyingly find myself looking to replace some parts that I've already replaced as part of the build!!!

This can't be normal can it, packing in smoking was easier than the thought of not spending on the Supe :)

Its very very addictive!!! both from an exterior and performance point of view! My car was also bone stock and now its changed color, single, body kit etc etc (see my garage) and i'm well over the 20k mark :blink: Sometimes i wish i had never bought it as i would have so much money in the bank! But then i think well its only something i'm going to do once and what the hell its only money :D

If it is that addictive, I'm glad I haven't modified mine!

Just change 1 thing, you can quit at any time :D

Im addicted, had the evo for 3months, spent 3.5k on mods then sold it for a grand less than i paid for it:D

I should persude you to get a car I want next instead of a Monaro :D, will get myself a nicely modified cheap example a couple opf months later :D

Just change 1 thing, you can quit at any time :D

:D Yeah right.

Definitely an addiction, years ago I added up how much I had spent on cars and modifying them. (This was before the Trial Supra may I add).

It would've been cheaper to buy a Lamborghini at the start on a 10year loan and been done with it :D Thing is, how long would it have taken before the Lambo got a straight through exhaust etc etc etc.

Thing is, how long would it have taken before the Lambo got a straight through exhaust etc etc etc.

Good point, it'll probably be cheaper for me to keep the Supra & keep modifying it, than sell it, make a loss, buy some other car & modify that from scratch again

Its very very addictive!!! both from an exterior and performance point of view! My car was also bone stock and now its changed color, single, body kit etc etc (see my garage) and i'm well over the 20k mark :blink: Sometimes i wish i had never bought it as i would have so much money in the bank! But then i think well its only something i'm going to do once and what the hell its only money :D

You have loads of money in the bank !

I'm feeling the pull must resist.....

Mike

Every time I buy a new part or mod, I say that I am doing it for me because I will enjoy it. I know I wont get the money back, but at least I'm not disappointed come sale time.

Even my missus has given up asking questions about the fedex boxes that turn up periodically :D

Plus I've said it before, I don't smoke, drink much, go out etc. So why the hell not :p