The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WARNING!!! Don't bid on this supra on Ebay.

moistfinger

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me "thick as fuck" but how the hell is that going to work.

Will he ask for a deposit via paypal then.??

I must admit though, his looks the better deal!!:D

H.

YEAH!!! A real bargain.

I can't even find a phone number for ebay to report it first person.

Had to send a bloody dispute form.

Hope nobody falls for it.

Many thanks to furryhands for letting me know.

YEAH!!! A real bargain.

I can't even find a phone number for ebay to report it first person.

Had to send a bloody dispute form.

Hope nobody falls for it.

Many thanks to furryhands for letting me know.

Sorry mate!! I shouldn't take the piss. Is there anything you want us to do?? Arrange a meet, get a phone number etc?

Surely no one is stupid enough to send cash through without actually establishing the car exists etc.

H.

Come on people - wake up eh? :rolleyes:

He is highly unlikely to say "oh yes, please come and see me and the mythical car" now is he?

What you will get is a cock and bull story about how the car is in Spain, Holland, France etc and that you need to send a deposit to secure it and that will be reimbursed should you not like the car when he sends it over.

Come on people - wake up eh? :rolleyes:

He is highly unlikely to say "oh yes, please come and see me and the mythical car" now is he?

What you will get is a cock and bull story about how the car is in Spain, Holland, France etc and that you need to send a deposit to secure it and that will be reimbursed should you not like the car when he sends it over.

In an advert that says 6 months tax and MOT it would be hard to convince the buyer that the car is not in the UK yet.

I just sent a mail to him asking for more info :

I'm looking for a TT Supra, and am interested in yours. Please can you answer a couple of questions :

1) How long have you owned it?

2) Why are you selling it?

3) When was it imported / do you have BIMTA certificate for it?

4) Does it have any faults you are aware of (cosmetic or otherwise)? The price is noticeably lower than similar TTs and I wonder why.

Obviously I would not buy a car without viewing, so I assume this is possible? Whereabouts in London are you?

In an advert that says 6 months tax and MOT it would be hard to convince the buyer that the car is not in the UK yet.

I just sent a mail to him asking for more info :

I'm looking for a TT Supra, and am interested in yours. Please can you answer a couple of questions :

1) How long have you owned it?

2) Why are you selling it?

3) When was it imported / do you have BIMTA certificate for it?

4) Does it have any faults you are aware of (cosmetic or otherwise)? The price is noticeably lower than similar TTs and I wonder why.

Obviously I would not buy a car without viewing, so I assume this is possible? Whereabouts in London are you?

Well, when he comes back and tells you the car is currently residing in another country, I will try to refrain from saying I told you so. :p

Well, when he comes back and tells you the car is currently residing in another country, I will try to refrain from saying I told you so. :p

Oh, I believe he will have an excuse. But if it's that one - I will ask how it's got 6 months tax / MOT. It would be so nice to actually get to meet one of these people......

Here is a sample that I get sent regularly :D

The car is located in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

I have listed the car as being in London because my previous location was London.

The car is registered in UK.

I have recently moved from London to Amsterdam due to my work and I took the car with me, that is why I am sending it from here. I've never imagined that I would have to sell it so soon, but it is UK registered and I will sell it easy for the British market.

You don't have to worry about the shipping though, I will handle everything.

I have the shipping company to take care of all the arrangements.

They will be responsible for the security of this transaction.

The payment will be sent directly to the shipping company.

The purchase price is £3000.

You will have to send a first deposit. After the car will be delivered you will make the rest of

payment.

You will have a 15 days inspection period from the moment the car is received.

If you will agree to keep the car you will make the rest of payment, If not the shipping company will send the car back to me on my expenses and you will receive your deposit back.

Oh, I believe he will have an excuse. But if it's that one - I will ask how it's got 6 months tax / MOT. It would be so nice to actually get to meet one of these people......

Meet them? :rlol: He is probably in Nigeria! You have more chance of meeting Elvis than these people :D

I wonder if his answer will follow that word for word.

I travel sometimes on business. I might keep myself entertained by telling him I have a business trip planned to Amsterdam (or wherever) so can view the car before paying the deposit......

I travel sometimes on business. I might keep myself entertained by telling him I have a business trip planned to Amsterdam (or wherever) so can view the car before paying the deposit......

Heh .. I was just about to post exactly what you said, as soon as he / she says it's in another country just say you've got a business meeting planned and can be at that location tomorrow etc :D

Trouble is, they're probably expecting it anyway so it wouldn't faze them :(