The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ECU Location and usual F Con V Location

tooquicktostop

HKS TO4R single turbo with additional injectors and uprated everything thats why I was surprised not to find the F Con that was supposed to be there??

Well there must be something somewhere, what's controlling the additional injectors? ...maybe it is under the passenger seat.

The F-con Pro V is normally used as a complete standalone ECU, ie. it replaces the stock ECU, although I have heard of them being used as a piggyback also. If you do have the stock ECU perhaps try to trace the routing of any harnesses coming from it.

I've seen F-cons mounted in passenger side glove box and in the lower DIN slot, but I guess these would be too obvious.

and the stock ecu is behind the plastic cover to the left of the passenger footwell right??

You should find 2 metal boxes under there, the main ECU is the one on the RHS. If there is only one, then you'll need to go on the hunt for the F-con :search:

ps. the other location you could try is behind the dash above the stereo or central glove box.

You should find 2 metal boxes under there, the main ECU is the one on the RHS. If there is only one, then you'll need to go on the hunt for the F-con :search:

ps. the other location you could try is behind the dash above the stereo or central glove box.

My Glove box if full of gauges (see pic) so dont think its going to be there but Paul Whiffin has the car next week so will let me know

5-PIC.jpg

and the stock ecu is behind the plastic cover to the left of the passenger footwell right??

No, it's behind a large plastic chunk that forms part of the floor, the bit that angles upwards towards the back of the footwell.

It's held in place with bolts, the ECU shouldn't be visible until you've removed this.

Definately no FCON on this car, it runs additional injectors, stock ecu and injector controller, best off chucking that away if you want to run any proper boost. Need some way of controlling the ignition so would recommed either a stand alone like the AEM or Greddy Emanage if you want to just piggy back the stock ECU. I'll talk to you more about next week when I see if you like.

Cheers