The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trax - Silverstone 3rd September 06 - Any one for a Club Stand

SarahJon

http://www.traxshows.co.uk/

This is the event and this has club backing please let me know by sunday if you want to go.

Please arrange for payment for advance tickets to be paid to the club paypal address for £10 (TBC)

I will book a stand and pay for the tickets. The club will re-imburse me.

Sorry for the lateness. And for re doing SarahJon's post.

Thanks

Tom (AKA Ahh Aristo)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be good if we could. Last time I went was in 2003 and it was a good day. Lots of cars to look at, lots of stands and loads of people taking their pride and joy round the silverstone! Definately a lot more active than JAE as its all on 1 day.

Would be good if we could. Last time I went was in 2003 and it was a good day. Lots of cars to look at, lots of stands and loads of people taking their pride and joy round the silverstone! Definately a lot more active than JAE as its all on 1 day.

I've been there for last 2 years.............. its huge

FANTASTIC DAY OUT !!!! jap and non Jap don't miss it

Are we thinking of having a club stand?? and convoy up ???

I definately will go this year as the car is almost all done and I want to go round the track.

There was no stand last year as most people on the forum when it was brought up said it was "too chavy"

Well the sun shone and everyone on four wheels was there. They had a drag strip, drift cars, the lot! No trouble from anyone and more motors than Ive ever seen.

Come on guys, lets have a stand

Too chavy??!! I know it has a fair share of saxos, fiesas etc but thats just because everyon is allowed in.

There are a few chavy stands etc but there are also a lot of impressive and classic cars there too which brings it more than into balance. You get some amazing pieces of engineering there too - In 2003 the fastest car on the 1/4mile and 0-60 was a twin engined Nova! lol

I know most people will say "Ohhh, only an idiot would spend that kind of money on a Nova" and I may agree to some extent but its not the point.

The point is it was a very daring project and they managed to pull it off and it really makes motorsport that much more intersting.

I will be there, especially if i get to see some of you more daring members have a shot at racing round Silverstone!

Too chavy??!! I know it has a fair share of saxos, fiesas etc but thats just because everyon is allowed in.

There are a few chavy stands etc but there are also a lot of impressive and classic cars there too which brings it more than into balance. You get some amazing pieces of engineering there too - In 2003 the fastest car on the 1/4mile and 0-60 was a twin engined Nova! lol

I know most people will say "Ohhh, only an idiot would spend that kind of money on a Nova" and I may agree to some extent but its not the point.

The point is it was a very daring project and they managed to pull it off and it really makes motorsport that much more intersting.

I will be there, especially if i get to see some of you more daring members have a shot at racing round Silverstone!

Hi went last year.Saw a mits evo 8 in silver do a 2.48 sec 0.60 run, second run gear box went to heaven lol , sounded exspensive..best day out that year ,,cant wait till the 3rd of september,,:D

I went 2 years ago. My sentiments about this venue is this. Do the track time round Silverstone and love it, then leave. Its the Chav pinnacle of the year. Its sponsored heavily by max power style organisations and is swamped with ten 4" exhausted punto's and saxo's that struggle to get over a cats eye. Laidee's with half their anatomy on show selling car polish (or whatever) are on display everywhere (wouldnt mind so much if they were actually that attractive). Like someone here said already there are quite a few serious enthusiasts about but you have to eke yourself out an area or be included in the whole chavside aspect.

To be fair the majority of the track runners were proper weekend tracksters, there was the odd funny car on the circuit but they were grouped together. My two runs were awesome. You cannot beat putting your car round silverstone.

1. Pete_tt

2. karl

3. squiffy

4. jamiep

5. Marco

6. dee_rz

7. sarahjon

8. toyotatom

Is this £10 a ticket per car, or per person in a car? Cos my bird wants to come to and see her little supra man thrash his car round the track as God intended! :D