The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Silver TT Aerotop for Sale - £8,500

Aerotop Dave

Well the weather finally cleared up enough for me to take some photos.

Silver Twin Turbo Aerotop, auto, 89k miles, decatted by Chris Wilson (CW replacement pipes, Thor fuel cut defender, uprated Walbro fuel pump, restrictor ring), side skirts and rear spats, AVS 17" alloys, Goodyear F1s all round, interior updated by Gibson & Boyne in Spring 2005 with BMW grey+Toyota black new leather on steering wheel, gear stick, handbrake, cubby hole, gloveboxes, door cards and front & rear seats (£1800 spent and under a year old). Dashboard resprayed in silver with matt lacquer finish (not shiny), blue LED conversion by Emin (aka Supra TT Myster), unique custom Thor aluminum dials with T1 and T2 rev markers so you know when the exciting stuff is gonna happen, Race Logic Traction Control (RLTC) fitted by Matt Harwood, fantastic sounding HKS Priest exhaust (not too loud and the only one on this forum as far as I know). Shown with Pioneer CD which won't be included (simply drop your stereo of choice straight in, 5 minute job, the leads and connectors are all staying).

All the top-of-the-range GZ extras (electric drivers seat, active spoiler, cruise control, aircon, 7 speaker system). Car is garaged each night, driven carefully (not thrashed, not taken over 2500rpm until thoroughly warmed up, never been sideways), serviced every 4000 miles, service history since it's been in the UK, the previous owner is on this forum so you can ask them about the car, has just had new UK-spec shock absorbers and UK springs fitted and was serviced in Oct 2005 (Denso spark plugs fitted now). Starter motor was also reconditioned by Chris Wilson earlier in the year. Has just sailed through another MOT with no faults at all so that won't need doing again until Oct 2006. Aerotop roof panel and seals are entirely leak free.

Basically this is a pampered TT Aerotop with 'standard' upgrades (decat, RLTC, alloys, side skirts) that's been totally faultless for the past 2 years I've owned it. Any work carried out that was Supra-specific was performed by contacts on this board (you're welcome to ask them about the car but they see so many I doubt they'll remember me or it), general servicing was performed by my trusted garage who you can speak to for an independent review if you wish.

The new owner will probably want to change the custom boost gauge as it couldn't really be called accurate (a good indicator of the easy life the car has had with me, I couldn't really care less what the exact boost was!), one side skirt has an minor old sticker mark that will require respraying (I've been quoted £100 but it's easily a DIY job) and the valve stem seals will need replacing at some point in the future. Absolutedly nothing wrong with the performance, it's just smoking a little on start up. Approx cost to fix: £350 (there's even a 'how-to' on this site if you fancy doing it yourself). The manual mode light on the dials doesn't light up due to the replacement dial backing not being cut away to allow it to shine through - I've never used manual mode so it never bothered me, but again it's an easy fix (45 mins maybe?). The carpet was worn beside the drivers seat and a square cut out and replaced but it's not especially noticeable. There's also a mark on the rear wing and on the Aerotop roof, pics of these can be supplied if required. I didn't need to point all these out, but I'm being fair & honest so that hopefully you'll be fair & honest with me.

Price: Currently insured with the club insurer Sky for £10,000, but I'm pricing to sell at only £8,500 - have a look on Autotrader and see if you can find an equivalent Aerotop for that price.

Reason for selling: to be honest, I just don't use or need the performance. My journey to work is now along 30mph-40mph limits and I really just need more of an A-to-B car. And the extra cash will help pay for a new kitchen.

Contact me by reply, pm or email ([email protected]), I don't mind. Harlow based, one stop up the M11 from M25 junction, also 20 mins away from Stanstead airport - can arrange to view the car there if required.

With regard to the speaker covers, an additional set of original black mesh ones will be included. Also included in the price - 2 original cats for the exhaust, one dash clock (boost gauge replaced it), complete set of original Toyota dials if you don't like the blue ones, one UK heated seat switch converted to a fog light + aerial up/down switch (untried!), one remote controlled Supra model, probably some other Supra-related bits that I've forgotten too.

The new owner may wish to change the rear number plate... :)

Can i just double check the price,, £8500 :omg: thats such a bargin.

I'd thought with all youve done and being an aerotop and so nice it would be more like £12000 and priced to sell or have i lost touch with mkiv prices ?

Looks great on the AVS wheels, i so would like a second supra,, must resist,, someone please hurry up and buy this before im stupid, havnt finished my car yet !!

dunk

• 2 weeks later...
omg, it's fallen off the front page - topski.

I shall be expanding the advertising 'net' this weekend. I shall be putting 6 months tax on it too.

Give me a clue as to where based as I am in the market for an Aerotop as my spare hot weather car......

I have the cash so ....need to see please.....

Ta

Sam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.