The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tDR, now with added Daddyness...

tDR

Jackie James Stewart born Saturday 27th February 2010 @ 10.37PM, weighing in at 6lbs 4.5 ounces 5 weeks early :D

Only just got him and his Mummy home from the hospital this evening. Absolutely made up and glad to have them home settling in :thumbs:

Has been a bit of a trauma for the last week and a bit - Jean's waters broke a week before the birth on Saturday night and we'd been back and forwards to the hospital since then for constant checks, scans and monitoring before it finally happened. Even then the Midwife refused to believe Jean was having real contractions (episodes of back pain only lasting 10 - 20 secs max) until a 2nd examination showed she was 6cm dilated and it was game on from then. Gave her drugs to make the contractions stronger and I had a son about an hour later :blink: Came out like greased lightening!!!

Cut the cord too... CRUNCHY!!! :taped:

tDaddyR

Congrats!

Weird experience, isn't it?

The nearest I've ever come to fainting in my whole life.

Is this your first, Bri?

You must be made up to have a son. I know everyone says they don't care ... "as long as it's healthy"[/yawn] but honestly, you wanted a son really, right?

Congrats!

Weird experience, isn't it?

Being a Daddy, or cutting the cord?!?

In any case... BOTH!! The worrying started when he was newly born and they whisked him off to Special Baby Care Unit as his breathing wasn't 100% since he was so early and they were worried about infection etc. because of the waters breaking so early.

Was a relief getting him to the normal Maternity ward next day but so far being a Daddy involves a lot of worrying and I doubt that will ever stop!

Thanks everyone :)

Is this your first, Bri?

You must be made up to have a son. I know everyone says they don't care ... "as long as it's healthy"[/yawn] but honestly, you wanted a son really, right?

Just spotted the edit lol - yeah my first and I did really want a Son and didn't hide it much :D Jean was the same, despite most Women wanting a little girl she REALLY wanted a boy and when Jackie came out she just ooozed relief that she'd gotten a boy and not a girl!!!

I'm going racing! :eyebrows:

I'm really jealous, TBH. I was quite disappointed when my Jemma was born - I really wanted a boy. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap her for anything now - but I really wanted a son at the time.

You've got some great times ahead mate. Being a dad is awesome.

Awesome and expensive, BTW. It's worth it though.

Yeah I know where you're coming from Jake - I tried to do the 'just in case' statements of 'I don't mind if it turns out to be a girl but would just rather have a boy' etc. but had a real feeling since Jean told me she was pregnant that it was gonna be a boy.

I'd have been disappointed if it'd been a girl but like you would love her all the same and gotten on with it. My Mum would've been made up though, as she got stuck with two boys :D

I won't be bothered either way next time (always said I'd have two) since I got my boy already :thumbs:

Good swap for a Supra, no? :)

Well done mate, don't make it too long until you break more records though. Single next time? :D

Yes and ohhhh yessss... single, big dollop of power and a good fast road / circuit setup next time. Who knows on the competition front, I've always been a circuit man at heart. The Drag Racing was me on a mission! :eyebrows:

Congratulations to you and the wife Brian. It will all be well worth it, wouldn't swap my kids for anything. Delighted for ya

Taking two of my grandsons, 3 and 2, to Cowdenbeath on the 3rd April for their first outing and I am more excited to see their reactions (they are car daft) than I have ever been for any motor event