The mkiv Supra Owners Club

97 N/A RSPB manual

DaveK

This has now been sold.

[/size][/b]

Right - I didn't part ex the Supra but I did put a deposit on my new car.

Dealer has confirmed he still wants the car, but since I don't have a deposit yet I'll give people one last chance.

The first person to turn up on my doorstep with £3,600 gets my car - whether that's the dealer or anybody else. I will not take a penny less, so if you don't have the money please do not contact me.

The car is available immediately.

I've got a little tired of earning 0.00001% interest on my savings, so I've decided the easiest solution is to blow some of it on another car. But before doing that, I'd like to sell the Supra.

I've owned it since October 06 (previous owner had it for 5 years). All of my services were carried out by Phoenix at 6k mile intervals until Mark moved to Australia - the last service was carried out by Toyota GT at 84,000 miles. Current mileage is 87,500 - next service is due at 90,000. Note that the mileage was entered incorrectly at the last service - so it states it was carried out at 86k miles and is due at 92k but that's not correct.

MOT until August 28th 2010, tax until March 2010.

New front tyres and full alignment carried out in April.

Cobra Cat 1 alarm with certificate.

Private plate included in the sale. I have it spaced so it reads 5UPE - but lots of people seem to find it amusing if it's legally spaced. There are some legally spaced plates in the boot for MOTs.

Exterior of the car is in very good condition. There are a few stone chips around as you'd expect, and a few faint scratches on the front / left side of the bonnet (if I ever catch it, there will be one less cat in the world). The worst part of the car is the rear bumper as it curves around the left hand side - I can only explain it as a small patch of "gravel rash" where I parked too close to my wall. Coloured wax hides it pretty well.

Original 16" wheels - not in particularly good condition but OK.

Interior is in excellent condition.

Car is completely standard.

The only thing that doesn't work is the folding mirrors - the driver side started running all the time so I disconnected the switch. Since I never actually need to fold my mirrors I've never bothered fixing it.

Car has been very reliable - only problem I've had is some nasty handling when I bought the car (a nice weaving) which was fixed by Phoenix (a suspension arm I think).

Note it's a 5 speed.

I've seen this car in the flesh, and it's a real beauty! Good luck with the sale Dave. What are you thinking of buying?

I'm debating. Probably a 911 turbo from around 2003. I do keep browsing the Aston Martin Vantage ads, but I think the 911 wins on many practical levels (even though it's a hopelessly impractical car).

I'm debating. Probably a 911 turbo from around 2003. I do keep browsing the Aston Martin Vantage ads, but I think the 911 wins on many practical levels (even though it's a hopelessly impractical car).

Good choice..!! I have been obsessed with the 996 turbo but I have struggled to find one that set me on fire. I have also had trouble convincing Mrs H that we don't need a Supra anymore.....:innocent:

Once you get past 2003 then it's silly season for road tax. Then again, if you are spending 30K on a car, who is bothered about £455 road tax??

H.

Dave I should edit the above as it means you owned it before it was even built and the previous guy had it 2 years before Mr.T even made Mk4's :innocent:

That's what makes it special. ;)

I've edited the date.

Good choice..!! I have been obsessed with the 996 turbo but I have struggled to find one that set me on fire. I have also had trouble convincing Mrs H that we don't need a Supra anymore.....:innocent:

Once you get past 2003 then it's silly season for road tax. Then again, if you are spending 30K on a car, who is bothered about £455 road tax??

H.

I didn't know that - although the road tax doesn't bother me that much. Newer than 03 is more than I want to spend anyway.

Have you viewed any?

• 1 month later...

This is advertised on PH too (for more money), and a dealer has just called and offered me £3,600. If I go ahead with the purchase on Tuesday, he is happy to give me a deposit and collect the car when the new one is ready.

I would rather it went to a private sale, so if anybody is interested in this - be quick.

Removed from sale for now, and I've removed the PH ad. It is now my intention to part ex or take the dealer offer I've already had. Somebody could have got a real bargain - but I am tired of phone calls expecting me to give it away.

Removed from sale for now, and I've removed the PH ad. It is now my intention to part ex or take the dealer offer I've already had. Somebody could have got a real bargain - but I am tired of phone calls expecting me to give it away.

Someone expected you to drop the price??

You may aswell have just given them the keys and log book to save going to the bank. There are some cheeky tw@ts about. This is the newest/best NA manual for sale at the moment and there are inferior cars up for nearly double on PH.:rolleyes:

I really could have done with this thread two and half years ago.....:D

H.

Someone expected you to drop the price??

Every call expected me to drop the price - even callers who knew I already had the offer from the dealer thought I should accept a lower offer. :rolleyes:

I think there were probably two reasons. I've made it clear I'd like to sell fairly quickly - and I think people have confused that with being desperate to sell. I don't need to sell the Supra to buy the other car, but obviously I'd like to.

The other problem is - it's priced close to cars a few years older. So I think some people are trying to get something newer than they thought they could - but don't actually have that little bit extra cash.

So for now, I'm taking the much simpler route. I will see what the part ex is like - if I'm not happy with that, the dealer has told be he'll give me a deposit Tuesday evening. If that falls through there is a guy from Belgium who seems interested. And if that falls through - it can sit on my driveway until it's sold - it's got 12 months MOT so no rush.

I didn't take the part ex deal so car is back up for sale.

Dealer has confirmed he wants it - but until I get payment, the car is available. First person to turn up and offer me £3,600 gets it. It's available immediately - I will not take offers, so if you don't have the money please don't bother asking.

Very nice, loads of pics up when you get it I hope, keeping the 964 too?

I am - the 964 is still the weekend toy. In fact - having test driven the turbo, it's a whole different car so I think I'll still appreciate the rawness of the 964. Having said that - f*** me, is that turbo fast!

I don't blame you, your 964 is a gem :)

Cheers. Interior could do with a retrim, which was planned for the winter. But I'm thinking I might delay it a bit first - my next purchase might be a private plate for my new car. I'm so vain....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.