The mkiv Supra Owners Club

97 N/A RSPB manual

DaveK

das 911 :D

Worse. I have a private plate on the 964, which has the numbers 911 6 (when I bought it I decided the '6' was OK, since it's a 6 cylinder engine). I've seen a plate for sale - same letters as my plate has, but just 911. So I'd have xxx 911 6 and xxx 911.

Matching plates. Sad, sad, sad. But surprisingly tempting! ;)

I'll post some proper ones up when I've collected it. But for now - one from the ad :

Nice..!!

Was that on PH at some point?? I have looked at them all at some point. If my job issues were slighlty less then I would defo get one now. I have recently turned to looking for a stunning TT but the 996 Turbo is still my unicorn.....:blink:

H.

Superb bud, unusual colour too?

Orient Red Metallic - and yes, pretty unusual (although a standard colour, not special order). I wasn't really even considering red as an option, but saw the ad and liked it a lot - when I saw the car, liked it even more. Bit unusual and really suits the car.

I was originally convinced black was the only colour worth having, but I liked this since it's just a bit different. Ironic really - when I bought the Supra I thought black was the only colour worth having too, but loved the RSP.

There's a shock..!!

Who is the lucky owner and what did you do in the end Dave??

H.

Actually, I don't know - a (trader) brother of somebody on this forum apparently, but didn't check who.

The dealer who originally said he'd buy the car (about an hour after I bumped my pistonheads ad to premium) suddenly went very very quiet - didn't answer the message I left him, and didn't answer my text. I reckon he's going to call me in a week assuming it hasn't sold and offer me less money - if so, he'll learn some new words....

It meant I had to take the 964 to work today. I was driving home in it thinking : it's quite nice using this to go to work. And then thought : blimey, next week I'll be using a 911 turbo every day! I think it all sank in at that point. :)

Actually, I don't know - a (trader) brother of somebody on this forum apparently, but didn't check who.

The dealer who originally said he'd buy the car (about an hour after I bumped my pistonheads ad to premium) suddenly went very very quiet - didn't answer the message I left him, and didn't answer my text. I reckon he's going to call me in a week assuming it hasn't sold and offer me less money - if so, he'll learn some new words....

It meant I had to take the 964 to work today. I was driving home in it thinking : it's quite nice using this to go to work. And then thought : blimey, next week I'll be using a 911 turbo every day! I think it all sank in at that point. :)

I really feel for you.....:sly::D

When we finally meet, you'll have to take me for a spin as my chances of getting one are almost nil until I get a new job and a steady one at that...:( Even though we have the cash to probably buy two it would be irresponsible to blow it all on a dream car with kids to feed and no job offer on the table..!!

H.

That is very much the advantage of having no kids. Nobody is depending on me (unless my mother is under the complete misconception that I'll look after her when she's old and senile) so I get to blow my money on toys. :)

The kids are worth it though, apparently....:sly:

The kids are worth it though, apparently....:sly:

That's what people who have them say, just to make the rest of us suffer too. :p

Anyway - I bet if I offered to swap the 996 TT for one of your kids (which I'm not!), it's only the fact that your wife is on the forum that'd stop you saying yes! ;)

That's what people who have them say, just to make the rest of us suffer too. :p

Anyway - I bet if I offered to swap the 996 TT for one of your kids (which I'm not!), it's only the fact that your wife is on the forum that'd stop you saying yes! ;)

Which kid??:D:p

Erm no..!!

My daughter will be 21 in 7 years but if her then boyfriend would let me use his Porsche then I would turn a blind eye to the fact that he's a dirty old man in reality.....:D

You're a lot nicer than my mate. He's got a young daughter (I think she's 6 now) and a couple of year ago, she announced that she was going to marry me. At which point, he made it clear that if she still thought that when she was old enough, I would die horribly.

But I think the wedding is off now anyway. They live in Miami, and when I was there last month, one of the first things she said to me was "I can't remember where you're from".

Girls are so fickle.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.