The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Traders Account

Guest ben2009

Guest ben2009

I was told there are strict rules in place in regards to advertising so I cant be known unless I have the account because I wont be able to talk about what it is we have for you guys

I was told there are strict rules in place in regards to advertising so I cant be known unless I have the account because I wont be able to talk about what it is we have for you guys

This isn't a forum for people to simply just pimp their wares, most people a) like to know who they are buying from b) want people with a passion for the supra...

Therefore it usually expected that members contribute to the forum in more than just wares... (At least that is my take on it)

Given your history and the information here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=82442 I thing your chances are pretty much zero.

That's the thread I was just looking for as well :)

Traders *** The club is not accepting any new applications until further notice.***

Traders are companies or individuals who wish to sell or advertise non-private items or services through the forum - this includes people acting as third party agents even if they are not making any profit. Traders have to pay for a traders membership to become recognised as an official trader within the club, although it should be noted that traders are effectively only buying advertising space on the forum and are in no way linked or sponsors of it.

Before anyone can become a trader a vote is put before the club members and it is up to them whether or not the trader application is accepted. This process is also repeated every year when the trader membership comes up for renewal.

We only accept requests for trader membership applications from people who have been a paid up club member for at least 3 months. During this time the trader is not be allowed to advertise on the forum. This time is used to give the members a chance to get to know the trader before considering their membership application, and will allow both the members and the moderators to determine if the traders presence on the forum is acceptable. We also consider 3 months to be a small duration for the trader to wait if they are serious about trading here, so if any are put off by this delay then they will be no real loss to the club anyway.

Guest ben2009

I dont have a passion for the Supra but then I dont have a passion for most of the cars we sell parts for, I DO however have a passion for my job and the level of quality to which we work at so I would hope that will be enough.

IF the account cannot be setup I will be using other forums and sites so I can still market the products however I would like to advertise on here and get to know you guys through bits you would like manufacturing but that seems to be very hard work from where im sitting due to being shot down and slated at every post.

Dont get me wrong I know the first post I put up caused alot of issues and for that I have been told the rules on this forum and im hoping now we can move on from there and I can become a regular trader on these forums

Guest ben2009
That's the thread I was just looking for as well :)

I was never shown that thread so thats news to me. How would you go about getting to know me though if I cant advertise or tell you about what it is I do?

I dont have a passion for the Supra but then I dont have a passion for most of the cars we sell parts for, I DO however have a passion for my job and the level of quality to which we work at so I would hope that will be enough.

That is your first hurdle, we don't really need a salesman....

IF the account cannot be setup I will be using other forums and sites so I can still market the products however I would like to advertise on here and get to know you guys through bits you would like manufacturing but that seems to be very hard work from where im sitting due to being shot down and slated at every post.

Dont get me wrong I know the first post I put up caused alot of issues and for that I have been told the rules on this forum and im hoping now we can move on from there and I can become a regular trader on these forums

It isn't going to happen I don't think; being honest....

However, if you fancy a giggle and just chatting with CAR minded people then it is a pleasant place, just don't plan on getting trader membership soon, if that is an issue then you are probably better off just walking away.

Guest ben2009

I can wait for a traders account thats not a problem it'll take a couple of months to get things into place before we can advertise anyway but I cant sit on here all day chatting I have a business to run which im sure you can appreciate especially in the current financial climate

I would suggest that you contact the mods. This is a community of mainly owners or want to be owners, there are strict limits to the number of traders the club wants. At the present time, the club is not taking any new traders. If it was, you would still have to be seen as an active member with knowledge of the MKIV, to add value to the club for a period before any application would be considered. If other clubs operate in a different ways that is up to them. I think admitting you don't have a passion for any car would put most members off, as it clearly puts you in the sales only position. So I would look else where, as you will clearly be wasting your time here.

Contact the mods mate, the people discussing this with you aren't mods.

You may have something to offer the forum that is valuable and the mods will tell you the bets way to go about it in the long term. :)

Just because the guy doesn't have a passion for the car doesn't mean he should be dismissed. The fact he has a passion for his job is a good thing, people who enjoy their jobs normally give better service.

Guest ben2009

Just because the guy doesn't have a passion for the car doesn't mean he should be dismissed. The fact he has a passion for his job is a good thing, people who enjoy their jobs normally give better service.

Thankyou for understanding I have contacted a mod so we will wait to see what happens :)

I will confess to being curious as to what it is, but that is a different issue and one that he can't post about :)

A lesson well learned :D

Are the majority of you guys UK based or is this a forum used around the world?

I totally understand where you are coming from, times are hard, so I don't blame you for trying. Club members have been very badly burned in the past by so called enthusiasts, so things are much tighter now. We also have respected traders who have worked hard at earning their traders rights here. It is only fair that everyone is treated equally.

I really think you should do you own homework if you are in business, rather than take the word of members. There are a few clues that give away the make up of membership, that should not take you long to suss out.

It sounds more and more like you know nothing about the cars we have and are not really interested either. You are purely looking for a market. That is not the sort of trader the majority of members want on the forum. Generalist sellers are common, the internet is full of them, traders, who own, build and drive these cars stand a much better chance of membership with trader status.

I am not a mod and these are my purely own views. If you finally are allowed to trade here, good luck to you.

Guest ben2009

Your right I know nothing about the Supra and I am not really interested, I could always have put up a big lie about how the Supra is the best car and then maybe got a traders account that way but im not one for spouting out lies. I own a nice MR2 turbo which is my long term project so I have no need for another car, I do however have the need to market some parts for the Supra but I have been told that this place isnt taking on anymore traders at the moment.

With this information I will now leave this forum to go elsewhere, I already have 2 memberships setup on other Supra forums which seem to be going well. Its a shame no other traders are being taken on I would have liked to setup some really good group buy deals with you guys but I cant at the moment :(

Maybe sometime later down the line a slot may open and I can do business with some of you guys :) To the poeple who have already been in touch with me about parts you can still get me via pm I will reply with my email and msn so we can chat and sort out the bits you want :)

Thanks for your time

Regards

Ben :cool:

I sincerely hope the current market does for your business.

You have been told above that you are not wanted as a trader and you have been told trading through this forum by any means is not allowed, yet you still say you will do it.

I think perhaps its time to quote some of your posts, track down the other forums and show them that you dont care about their cars, just their money.

I doubt very much if I would ever allow you as a trader now.