The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Owning a Supra is never straight forward....

keancy

As it says on the tin!!

Finally got my two new rear tyres yesterday and booked car in with local monkeys (Mates of mine) this morning.

Getting the car into their garage was the first bit of fun as it's in on a slope :blink: With bated breath I watched him drive it in missing every bit of kit on the car by about a piece of papers worth of depth. :blink:

Ok now we rocking the Car is in above the pit, jacked up first tyre off onto the machine and.............................:taped:

Ah, poop the machine can't get the tyre off as it's a really old piece of kit and can only cope with around 17" wheels. Plus my alloys have real deep inner rims or summat apparently. So, long story cut short, I am home with a snot green "MANUAL" Rover that I managed to stall and my beloved Supra is at the Garage while one of said monkeys has gone off elsewhere to get my wheels done. LOLOL.

All good fun to watch my relaxing day off go down the drain :(

*shudders* ... the best thing about curtesy cars is free burnouts :p

I remember when I had a 207 as a courtesy car, we stripped the interior out bar frontseats and carpet, took airfilter off and replaced it with an induction kit then took it round a rally track :D Those were the days.

I remember when I had a 207 as a courtesy car, we stripped the interior out bar frontseats and carpet, took airfilter off and replaced it with an induction kit then took it round a rally track :D Those were the days.

seriously!!! haha they loved you then!! lol:D my kinda thang ;)

seriously!!! haha they loved you then!! lol:D my kinda thang ;)

Yup, managed to scrape the front bumper and put a fag burn in the seat aswell, best thing was, they didn't even notice.:D Oh and a nasty whine from the gearbox :sly:, but then again pug's aren't renowned for the strength of there gearbox's

REMEMBER, don't ever buy an ex courtesy car, well not with people like me about anyway:p

As it says on the tin!!

Finally got my two new rear tyres yesterday and booked car in with local monkeys (Mates of mine) this morning.

Getting the car into their garage was the first bit of fun as it's in on a slope :blink: With bated breath I watched him drive it in missing every bit of kit on the car by about a piece of papers worth of depth. :blink:

Ok now we rocking the Car is in above the pit, jacked up first tyre off onto the machine and.............................:taped:

Ah, poop the machine can't get the tyre off as it's a really old piece of kit and can only cope with around 17" wheels. Plus my alloys have real deep inner rims or summat apparently. So, long story cut short, I am home with a snot green "MANUAL" Rover that I managed to stall and my beloved Supra is at the Garage while one of said monkeys has gone off elsewhere to get my wheels done. LOLOL.

All good fun to watch my relaxing day off go down the drain :(

Unlucky mate, i know how you feel lol! :(

Ahh a 214, has it got talloys an big bore zorst? :D Sorry, but it's unbelievable how many people modify rover 214's round here.

Bog standard and boring, not something I'd ever own willingly. Asda brought my shopping and the delivery guy said "Where is your Supra, I like looking at it when I deliver to you!" :D

I think, that garage monkey is thinking exactly the same about people, who leave Supras for all day with them to change 2 tires :D

Naaaa, the tyres went into their Van to where ever they did the wheels, they only drove the Supra out of their garage with lifting plates underneath. Had a walk round it couldn't see any damage but then it is dirty. Will check it after it's been washed tomorrow morning.

Unlucky mate, i know how you feel lol! :(

I am just glad it's back on my drive. And my bad the inside of the rear tyres was bald as f***. I didn't realise they were that bad :(

Bog standard and boring, not something I'd ever own willingly. Asda brought my shopping and the delivery guy said "Where is your Supra, I like looking at it when I deliver to you!" :D

Naaaa, the tyres went into their Van to where ever they did the wheels, they only drove the Supra out of their garage with lifting plates underneath. Had a walk round it couldn't see any damage but then it is dirty. Will check it after it's been washed tomorrow morning.

I am just glad it's back on my drive. And my bad the inside of the rear tyres was bald as f***. I didn't realise they were that bad :(

Whoops! :D

I do know how you feel though, when i bought my TT, i had nothing but problems and i was forced to drive a Proton Persona and a mk3

VW golf during the time my TT was in the garage! :blink:

Guest mattsupra

you see this is where it comes into its own having more than one car (hehe i got a corsa lmao) then you dont have to worry about it so much

:eek: sympathies. I've had to leave my car a few times of late to get work done and always have a thorough look round afterwards to make sure they've not shaved a few microns off the paintwork :search:

Makes me want to lurk until their finished cus I dont trust the blighters :hide:

You could have stalked him in your Rover :D

L

you see this is where it comes into its own having more than one car (hehe i got a corsa lmao) then you dont have to worry about it so much

:p

When i get some spare cash, im going to get a cheap run around so i dont have to worry about it either! :D

My garage had to take my wheels elsewhere after i had the rims polished as i told them if they scratch them they get them redone

Yeah that's why didn't attempt to force them of at mine because they didn't want to damage the alloys.