The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Resizing photos to post to this forum

Chris Wilson

Is there any simple software to resize existing large photos to post here? I use IrfanView and whenever I resize to get the right file byte size the photo is tiny. Others seem to be able to post physically large pictures OK. Is the resolution reduced to do this? For example, a lot of the photos in the "What pets do you have?" thread are far bigger than I can post, given the forums bytes limitation. Thanks.

Use the windows xp power toy utility. Then you just right mouse click on the pic and select resize.

Wow :blink: where's this. Tried resizing superfine 5 meg today and couldn't get it to forum size through normal tasking. Thought I'd have to go and retake in lower res.

I use this Chris http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Misc__Utilities/EvJO_Photo_Image_Resizer_Download.html

Basic but it works :)

That is the download link. program is call EVJO photo resizer

That works fine, many thanks, but wouldn't something that converts to 200kb or whatever chosen byte size be better than guessing what size a 640 x 480 image will turn out to be?

Also, when I post to this forum they come out as a thumbnail, other users post pics that launch full size, why is that?

Also, when I post to this forum they come out as a thumbnail, other users post pics that launch full size, why is that?

Uploaded/attached images are thumbnailed and images inside the img tags are loaded full size.

So if I upload them to my web space I can link to them there? What's the format of the tags please, say the image is at image

Thanks for the help everyone.

Chris it just needs wrapping in :

[img][/img]

But warn everyone that their browser window is going to get very wide :D

Mike

Well' date=' as I'm an IT numpty and know zilch about hosting, is there not a simple way to load a full size pic? Why does the forum not allow bigger pics, but does allow them imported from another host?[/quote']

If the images are uploaded to the forum it consumes forum bandwidth, if they are hotlinked from a different site it uses the other sites bandwidth. The restriction is to reduce the running costs of the forum.

Thanks Pixelfill, didn't know i could do that, it seems quite straightforward :)

You're welcome Chris. It does doesn't it :) you wouldn't believe how many times I editted that post so you could see the tags :shrug:

Mike

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

You can select a single or number of pictures at a time, then just click the resize button. From there you can choose from a number of predefined sizes idea for forums/webpages etc, or enter the number of pixels for width/height.

Then I use the Imageshack tool bar in Explorer to upload them all and select the links for either full size or thumbnails for webpages and forums. Only take a few minutes.