TOTB info

JamieP

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well back home now and just thought I would post up a few words about today.

All in all a very fun day out, it was also nice that many of the club members in attendance took time to have a chat with us.

Great to see Justin thrash the life out of the modded porsche turbo and kick ass in to the low 12s FANTASTIC:d

All the Supra,s were awsome and it was nice to see them in action.

Without doubt Kevin would have done the club proud had the rear crank seal not gone (really feel for you kev)

As for our car well very dissapointed, not with the car just the driver I must take plank of the day award, got everything wrong even tried to stage using the back wheels, still maybe the old gray matter will work better at USC.

All in we had a great time and thanks to you all for your support.

Do tell!

Let me guess.... Envys car blowing up? :sly:

Lee, christ thats a setup.. looks like they've used the same sort of things thats put on Mustangs in the US... seeing they're using the engine it wouldnt suprise me if they used a similar bit of kit! :blink:

It was a good day out at 10 of TOTB but I was a little dissapointed with the 1200BHP Supra. It just wasn,t performing as well as would be expected compared to the 700/800bhp evo's etc. I know they have 4x4 but with an additional 500bhp it should have made up in power stakes.

I can only conclude that the surface at Elvington isnt as ideal as say Santa pods drag surface where Im sure better times would have been made.

Still, a lot of the top boys, A.Nichols in the front wheel drive & Norris Evo in the 4x4 were knocked out in the semi's so I guess it was a good day for the underdogs...

Anyway, I only took a few pics, here was three:-

http://www.tomcatterritory.me.uk/TOTB1.jpg

http://www.tomcatterritory.me.uk/TOTB2.jpg

http://www.tomcatterritory.me.uk/TOTB3.jpg

Carl

Carl

What's the deal with that upturned car, Michael?

I turned left out of the airfield and hit a huge queue so opted to go the fun way home via Howden and onto the M62, sadly someone had decided to turn a car on it's roof opposite a lane restriction on our side and it caused more delays than the Elvington queue would have. The run to the M62 was good though, no traffic at all.

how did you do jake?:)
Badly!

On my first run I did a rubbish 13.11 @130mph (happy with the speed, not with the time) because I f00ked the start up and the car bogged down.

On the second run it seemed to be revving too high too quickly. I thought it was just me being a dickhead but on the third run I realised the clutch was slipping. I gave up after that because I needed the car to get me the 270miles home.

I think 130mph terminal speed is good for a small single, if only I hadn't messed the start up I would've had a good time.

Badly!

On my first run I did a rubbish 13.11 @130mph (happy with the speed, not with the time) because I f00ked the start up and the car bogged down.

On the second run it seemed to be revving too high too quickly. I thought it was just me being a dickhead but on the third run I realised the clutch was slipping. I gave up after that because I needed the car to get me the 270miles home.

I think 130mph terminal speed is good for a small single, if only I hadn't messed the start up I would've had a good time.

130mph is a great terminal... well done mate:)

never mind mate... first time out with the new motor etc. it's a bit rough when your travelling in the car you going to boot up and down the strip and then drive it home... maybe you should get a trailer and pull it with one of the other Soops! :)