The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my car back from mapping.

Jake

Sorry I needed to get my scanner connected up.

Here's the full dyno sheet:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4014/w848xgpdyno8tu.th.jpg

I overlaid Gamer's dyno sheet over mine. I think it shows well the difference between a small and a big single. If I'm looking at it right it seems like the baby turbo is making more torque and bhp up until about 6000rpm, but after 6k the big single stomps all over it.

(Gamer's are the flashing lines)

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6326/overlaid3ia.gif

Any thoughts?

It does feel so much better than before Dan mapped it.

TBH I think the small single is better for me 'cos it's more suited to the way I drive. The extra torque makes it great fun on the road but for a flat out motorway thrash yours would obviously be better.

Is it possible to map these cars on low boost (say 0.8) and then high boost say 1.4 - and then switch from one map to the other using these after market ECUs.

Or would one not bother and just have it tuned to 1.4bar (as an example)

Nice Work there Jake - would you classify your setup as a daily drive (town driving, etc) - do let me know how it compares to a BPU TT in terms of driveability and fuel consumption.

Is it possible to map these cars on low boost (say 0.8) and then high boost say 1.4 - and then switch from one map to the other using these after market ECUs.

Nice Work there Jake - would you classify your setup as a daily drive (town driving, etc) - do let me know how it compares to a BPU TT in terms of driveability and fuel consumption.

Yep thats exactly what i have, 0.8bar and 1.4bar at the flick of a switch.

Yeah mine is mapped for 0.8 bar, 1.0 bar, 1.25 (or was it 1.3? I forget) and 1.4 bar. I intend to just leave it at 1.4 though.

It's easy to drive now apart from the clutch is a little grabby. I don't know about the fuel consumption yet but I'm expecting it to have improved quite a lot because it's not running overly rich like it was before.

When mapping you map to the highest you intend to run, for example 1.6bar, the car will prob have a WG spring at approx 1bar, thats your lowest possible boost as its mechanically the lowest you can go.

With the WG still set at 1bar you use some form of boost control to raise it to your maximum level, either in stages or in one go, if you use something like a HKS or Blitz they can have multiple settings, the AEM for example just has Low and High switch input.

The map remains the same, on low boost you are using less of it.

Found the problem with the exhaust; there's a massive hole in the bend just before the rear silencer. Bloody HKS mild steel crap.

So that'll be straightforward enough to fix, if not cheap.

If I could just get the Air Con working again I'd be a happy bunny.

Found the problem with the exhaust; there's a massive hole in the bend just before the rear silencer. Bloody HKS mild steel crap.

So that'll be straightforward enough to fix, if not cheap.

If I could just get the Air Con working again I'd be a happy bunny.

Give Dan a shout jake,I spoke to him 10 min ago and he has some spare time tomorrow, i was ment to be up there but im busy working:(