The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nov / Dec Meet

Ian W

Oooh loads of posts looks like a good meet in prospect.

Meeting point - really needs to be determined by what people can find. The Wheel is well signed and not far off the motorway, there is also a petrol station very close by for those wanting to fuel up and avoid getting scamped in the wilds!

Services are the easiest to find by far though and we can head back that way anyway as it makes a nice loops and stops us recovering any roads.

Food - hmmm. If it was summer i'd say bring sarnies and lets picnic or stop at the chippy in callendar. with this being december though that might not be a good move. There is a pub with a fair sized car park at Kilmahog which we could check out or we can go into Stirling for food afterwards. THere is a Pizza Hut at Springkerse if anyone fancies that.

We'll probably not get there until mid afternoon though so big breakfasts could be the order of the day. There is also bound to be Brewer's Fayre jobs all over the place so could try one of those.

m.

Food afterwards doesn't sound too bad at all, i agree. as you say Martin, perhaps in Stirling.

If all else fails there's always a MacD's or similar and i'll definitely be getting bacon sarnies in Aberfoyle!!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lloydmcc

Aw right boys, ill try and make it, all comes down to weather im back in the uk dur to my leave dates, and work out here, chances are i could well make it

01 Supra-Man

02 jamesmark

03 Geo

04 Martin_a

05 Superstar DJ

06 RIJ8631

07 Sunnyg83

08 Suprakid (provisionally)

09 Getrag

10 G10ECK

11 Lloydmcc

not sure on time to meet.

would 10:30 be too early?

Sounds good 10 - 10:30 at Falkirk Wheel car park then. Shouldn't be too busy. If anyone wants to walk up and see the wheel they can.

Route should take a couple of hours (touring not racing) but we can stop for pics in a couple of locations. Loch Katrine is a good one, there is a big car park so we can all get together, should be quiet too.

There are also a few pull ins as we go through but it looks like we'll have a few too many cars for most of them.

And of course there is the bacon roll stop we need to have.

Back into Stirling for some scoff after the run then.

Current planned route for those who want to look or have Tom Tom etc:

Meet at Falkirk Wheel 23 miles from Glasgow 23 miles from Edinburgh so hurrah for that!

http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/content/TFW_SubSection/index.asp?ID=21

Head off through Denny and follow the B818 through the Carron Vally, past the reservoir and up to Fintry.

Turn off at Fintry onto B822 to Kippen

Through Kippen and up to Thornhill.

Turn left onto A873 towards Port of Menteith then follow A81 to Aberfoyle for a bacon roll

From Aberfoyle follow A821 through Duke's Pass down to Loch Katrine (excellent bit of twisty road).

Stay on that road through Brig O' Turk to the wonderfully named Killmahog (there is a pub here if anyone wants to stop but we'll have to see on numbers for their car park as it isn't huge).

Turn right onto A84 through Callendar and back to Stirling. We can make it longer if necessary but that's not a bad loop. It'll be great as long as the weather holds off for us.

Thoughts anyone?

m.

Guest Glasgow_bhoy

01 Supra-Man

02 jamesmark

03 Geo

04 Martin_a

05 Glasgow_bhoy

right im coming doon, i was driving by woodlands road yesterday, saw a mint red supra, i think the owner was in chillies for a kebab, nice car mate

Guest sunnyG83

01 Supra-Man

02 jamesmark

03 Geo

04 Martin_a

05 Superstar DJ

06 RIJ8631

07 Sunnyg83

08 Suprakid (provisionally)

09 Getrag

10 G10ECK

11 Lloydmcc