The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Refurbished Facelift Headlights with Halo Rings

CASHEYE

Hey peeps,

Facelift headlights, originally bought from j_jza80 back in July last year.

I split them open, primed and painted the insides matte black.

Removed all the screws, rubbers and surrounds from the back and cleaned and painted in a high temp resistant paint.

Custom made 'halo' lights using COB rings, acrylic and Polypropylene. (The black surrounds)

Secured to the black inserts with a combination of push fit and epoxy resin.

The clear plastic was sanded down with wet & dry from between 2000 - 7000 grit and then machine cut and polished.

Resealed and tested for water-tightness.

Halo lights are wired through a rubber tube, joined with heat-shrink and have connectors for High/dipped and Fog.

They are easily connected by splicing the wires for the side lights.

One of the screws for the dipped locating plate sheered off and as such there are only 2 screws holding it in place. It does not affect functionality.

PRICE: £520

This includes paypal fees and postage to the UK mainland.

Alternatively, I would accept a set of facelift lights in part exchange for these.

Criteria for an exchange would be as follows;

The buyer would provide a set of facelift headlights with healthy clear plastic (discolouration isn't an issue but chips and cracks are, photos to confirm)

The buyer would ship part exchanged units to me along with remainder of payment though Paypal.

Upon delivery I would ship the lights for sale in the box the buyer sent with additional packaging if required.

If the lights arrived between Monday - Thursday, I will aim for a 24 hour turn around.

If for any reason the buyer is not satisfied they can return the purchased lights at their expense and receive a full refund (minus postage) and their original lights.

Any returns must be completed within 2 weeks of purchase.

PRICE WITH EXCHANGE UNITS: £250

(Includes postage of 'halo' units and paypal fees)

--------------

Now, as warranties go, I'm not offering one. But at the same time I'm not going to be a total dick. If these lights fail after the first two weeks and you can realistically prove that it was a manufacturing fault or component failure, I will do my best to help you out within reason.

Because of this, if you are interested but not satisfied with the images below or in my project thread, I will gladly take more. I've tried to be as honest as I can, if there is anything you would like to know just ask. Bare in mind, these are 15+ year old lights and as such, the clear plastics do have stress fractures. I've tried to photograph this but unless the light is right, you're never going to see them.

I realise the price might seem high, but it reflects the time and effort gone into making these. I'm not going to start bangin' these out on a weekly basis so once these are gone, that might be it for a while.

Thanks for looking.

Mike.

attachment.php?attachmentid=209050&d=1455227281

attachment.php?attachmentid=209051&d=1455227281

attachment.php?attachmentid=209053&d=1455227281

attachment.php?attachmentid=209054&d=1455227281

attachment.php?attachmentid=209055&d=1455227303

attachment.php?attachmentid=209056&d=1455227303

attachment.php?attachmentid=209057&d=1455227303

attachment.php?attachmentid=209058&d=1455227303

attachment.php?attachmentid=209059&d=1455227303

attachment.php?attachmentid=209061&d=1455227327

attachment.php?attachmentid=209063&d=1455227327

attachment.php?attachmentid=209064&d=1455227327

Not meaning to be a complete dick here but you are openly admitting to offering these on a fairly regular basis which would require a hobbyist membership. A membership that I currently have for exactly the same type of work.......

I write this post as I'm not the type of person to talk behind someones back and I also write it because there is an honesty and perhaps a naivety from you regarding how the trader/hobbyist/seller thing works on this particular forum.

Please don't take my post as hostile, but please consider my stance on what's going on here. FWIW I'd happily take £500 coins off of anyone wanting lights with this modification done :D

Not meaning to be a complete $#@! here but you are openly admitting to offering these on a fairly regular basis which would require a hobbyist membership. A membership that I currently have for exactly the same type of work.......

I write this post as I'm not the type of person to talk behind someones back and I also write it because there is an honesty and perhaps a naivety from you regarding how the trader/hobbyist/seller thing works on this particular forum.

Please don't take my post as hostile, but please consider my stance on what's going on here. FWIW I'd happily take £500 coins off of anyone wanting lights with this modification done :D

I don't think you're a complete $#@! at all... In fact you're the first person to talk/respond to what I'm doing in relation to acquiring a hobbyist membership. I have mentioned several times in my project thread about applying for one and how to start the process but no-one has address those queries in any comments. Admittedly if I wanted a direct answer I should just message a moderator or someone like yourself who'd point me in the right direction... *hint hint*

With regards to

openly admitting to offering these on a fairly regular basis
what I've actually said was
I realise the price might seem high, but it reflects the time and effort gone into making these. I'm not going to start bangin' these out on a weekly basis so once these are gone, that might be it for a while
Apart from this pair, I'm currently making one more which I planned on keeping for myself. The only reason I offered an exchange for these lights is because one; I might flip them sooner, and two; I'd have a set of facelifts to play around with until I got round to sorting out a Hobbyist Membership.

I don't want to be stepping on people's toes here, I know I'm pretty fresh faced compared to a lot of the current traders and hobbyists but as far as I can see, selling one set of headlights isn't carving a slice out of anyone's potential business.

Anyway, point taken. Care to point me in the direction of who I'm meant to speak to, to apply for a membership? Steve?

I totally get where you are coming from, I was criticised in the past by the moderating team for selling 3 sets of lights over 2 years, innocently I may add as it was a progression of modifications. I have been asked about angel eyes in the past and my response has been that it wouldn't be worthwhile for the patrons as it would cost them approx £300-£500 (depending on what's required and the style of lights) so I've generally stuck to plain old re-furbs :D

With regards to hobbyist, Steve is definitely your guy but I'm not 100% certain on whether it will be granted while other hobbyist members are offering the same service. The same happens with traders etc when hobbyists want to offer a service, I could be wrong in this instance though so Steve is definitely your man.

Hi Kasheye,Are the lights sold? and if so do you have any more? my lights are like new but i like the ones you produce. Herbie.

http://gifstumblr.com/images/thats-not-my-name_486.gif

This is the only pair I have for sale at the moment.

They look great can the strips be done in black so there not obvious in the daylight?

Yeah, I guess they could. You know, I never even though about that. I have the perfect sheet of stuff to use as well. BBUUUT. I won't be making and selling any though here yet. Still waiting to hear back from Steve.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.