The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota's free 37point visual inspection

scott87

Took my Supra up to Toyota today as i know someone up there. Had a nose at the supra on the ramp too. Nothing came back on the visual check apart from minor wear to the front pads. Pretty pleased.

The underside did look pretty worse for wear so im going to paint all of the suspension arms etc in hammerite waxyol stuff tomorrow....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well had my inspection today, cant help thinking they are touting for business. i consider my import to be in exceptional condition. and was taken back with the report, estimate of £1800 to rectify issues and more investigation.....

well had my inspection today, cant help thinking they are touting for business. i consider my import to be in exceptional condition. and was taken back with the report, estimate of £1800 to rectify issues and more investigation.....

What came back? Mine was completely clear par two light bulbs. Im surprised they found that much wrong with a visual inspection unless you have some serious rust or worn rubbers.

Im pretty sure that this is why they are doing it. Im just intrested to see what they say about mine now lol

Im pretty sure that this is why they are doing it. Im just intrested to see what they say about mine now lol

Every mr2 i owned i have taken to toyota for one of these inspections and that is quite a few. They have come back clear on occasion, but others have needed work. Ive then gone and done it myself. Ive never paid Toyota to do the work they suggest, but its nice to get a once over by a mechanic now and again.

2 x new headlights @£529.59, manual boot release not working on lever £74.89, airbag light on, my fault took dash out and put ignition on, £46.80 investigate, sump gasket leak, i have no oil on floor in garage @ £215.28. battery insecure! no it was'nt £37.44. i asked to pay attention to diff as i feel a whine but not sure, £187.99 just to further investigate..alleged gear box seal, prop end leak, this was replaced when i went auto to manual again no leak or oil on garage floor £119.98 to investigate...fuel pump cable tied £129.78.. brake pipe to clutch flexi hose leaking???? not sure what this means!!! £189.76 etc etc. no rust, no knocks etc

2 x new headlights @£529.59, manual boot release not working on lever £74.89, airbag light on, my fault took dash out and put ignition on, £46.80 investigate, sump gasket leak, i have no oil on floor in garage @ £215.28. battery insecure! no it was'nt £37.44. i asked to pay attention to diff as i feel a whine but not sure, £187.99 just to further investigate..alleged gear box seal, prop end leak, this was replaced when i went auto to manual again no leak or oil on garage floor £119.98 to investigate...fuel pump cable tied £129.78.. brake pipe to clutch flexi hose leaking???? not sure what this means!!! £189.76 etc etc. no rust, no knocks etc

Wow that does sound like a lot!

Guess they have a set of guidelines to follow or something... Or perhaps your toyota dealer is just full of d***s.

just to confirm. this needs urgent attention! the report said. "brake pipe to clutch flexi hose leaking. not securedvery well £189.76 "this is omly an approx cost" all in red on engineers report... can any one shed anl light on this please??

Wow that does sound like a lot!

Guess they have a set of guidelines to follow or something... Or perhaps your toyota dealer is just full of d***s.

i think the latter!

Every mr2 i owned i have taken to toyota for one of these inspections and that is quite a few. They have come back clear on occasion, but others have needed work. Ive then gone and done it myself. Ive never paid Toyota to do the work they suggest, but its nice to get a once over by a mechanic now and again.

Ah well thats very reassuring. I have always wanted the car checked over by someone that knows what they are doing. Ive had it a year and its given me no problems whatsoever *touchwood.