The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota's free 37point visual inspection

scott87

There is a good chance they see an older car in and automatically see pound signs for themselves. I would think the oldest car they have seen in there would be 2005 onwards. I would take all with a pinch of salt mate and check the report in another garage to see if it agrees with Toyota's report compare the two and see whats what bud.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to get mine done on Sat morning with Tony. If the guy starts spouting off crap about what they find, im gona be :rlol I mean our cars are pretty much running sweet as beep.

TBH im only doing cause im a nosey bugger and what to see what they find and say to me??? :D

I can't wait to get mine done on Sat morning with Tony. If the guy starts spouting off crap about what they find, im gona be :rlol I mean our cars are pretty much running sweet as beep.

TBH im only doing cause im a nosey bugger and what to see what they find and say to me??? :D

For sure mate. know the cars pretty much inside out its just really to see what they find that might have been missed by doing stuff without a ramp. ill post up the report aswell.

That will be an interesting one then if you know for sure your car is sweet. I would hope that most garages are fairly honest, but i guess we all know that isn't the case. Speaking of garages does anyone know one in the Coventry area. Really need to take my car in tomorrow...

Im pretty sure that this is why they are doing it. Im just intrested to see what they say about mine now lol

I work in a toyota main dealer, and of course that is why we do it. The whole point of a business is to make money. why would toyota inspect your car for free otherwise? we dont make stuff up however and anything we report will exist. we can only advise and cant force people to have it done.

I work in a toyota main dealer, and of course that is why we do it. The whole point of a business is to make money. why would toyota inspect your car for free otherwise? we dont make stuff up however and anything we report will exist. we can only advise and cant force people to have it done.

Did that hit a nerve? :)

Dont say westlands please, i dont know what they`re like now but i used to take my uk spec there about 8/9 years ago and it always came back with something else wrong and quotes for doing stuff that it didnt realy need, i wouldnt trust them working on my skateboard! (if i had 1)

I'm pretty sure they ARE going to find things wrong i'm doing it to see what Toyota techs think of the condition it's in. To be honest when these cars first came out they had qualified supra technitians that were only allowed to work on them. It will be an interesting visit but im not going to get my pants in a twist if they come back with alleged horror stories.

To just add. they didnt even know what a supra was on booking it in. what engine size etc. the young technician said "cor how quick does this go" & what is it! If any of you guys get negatives.. dont read to much into it. i know my supra unside and out. i know what i have had done. and what needs to be done. they are looking for work, simple as that!

To just add. they didnt even know what a supra was on booking it in. what engine size etc. the young technician said "cor how quick does this go" & what is it! If any of you guys get negatives.. dont read to much into it. i know my supra unside and out. i know what i have had done. and what needs to be done. they are looking for work, simple as that!

the people booking the cars in are just receptionists so that doesnt suprise me. Are you sure the technician wasnt just a apprentice?

My local Toyota dealer is full of 'fitters' they just remove sections of the car and fit brand new bits, little or no skill involved. The problem is that the mechanics/fitters are all on bonuses so don't have the time or incentive to have a tinker and repair stuff.

I stopped using Toyota when I first got the Supra and they tried skanking me for a grand plus all because the front caliper pins were seized in. They wanted to replace the calipers when all that was needed was five minutes and a fly press, and yes they asked me what a fly press was...lol.

My local Toyota dealer is full of 'fitters' they just remove sections of the car and fit brand new bits, little or no skill involved. The problem is that the mechanics/fitters are all on bonuses so don't have the time or incentive to have a tinker and repair stuff.

I stopped using Toyota when I first got the Supra and they tried skanking me for a grand plus all because the front caliper pins were seized in. They wanted to replace the calipers when all that was needed was five minutes and a fly press, and yes they asked me what a fly press was...lol.

I think my toyota must be quite good. Spoke about the brake line corrosion. The technician said he wouldn't use toyota brake lines as they are pre-bent. He said he's chop the old out and use copper and bend make new ones. All 4 with labour 200quid...

so please do enlighten me on "brake pipe to clutch flexi hose" what on earth does that mean? my brake lines are seperate from the clutch lines as it was originaly auto, it was converted by a reputable trader on here.

so please do enlighten me on "brake pipe to clutch flexi hose" what on earth does that mean? my brake lines are seperate from the clutch lines as it was originaly auto, it was converted by a reputable trader on here.

Its not the best description but i would think they meant the small flexi hose near your clutch slave cylinder?

Edited by simbasupra (see edit history)

seems a bit odd guys , you can look back on here for at least ten years and i think you will find that taking your car to MR T was pretty much a waste of time , not only for the fact that they dont know what they are doing , the prices are redicilous for anything that needs to be done .

i will stick to someone who knows the car , pointless exercise if you ask me , its almost as if you know whats going to happen , so why bother .

Well i'm just back from my appointment at Toyota they found nothing exept some play in the steering rack which i knew about and some play in a rear wheel bearing but apart from that no issues at all. Found the rear exhaust rubber mount on the wrong side of the the hanger so rectified that and job done. They gave me a price for the rear wheel bearing just for one side at a cost of £529.84. This wont be getting done at Toyota ill get both done for less than that quote.

Exhaust on wrong side of the hanger.

Edited by tony tt (see edit history)

Had mine done at the same time as Tony. When i pulled up outside toyota i noticed some coolant on the road UH OH!!!, now i change the Upper rad pipe and some had spilled down onto the undertray below, when taking the pipe off.

Now i think that this could be coolant that had spilled and gathered, onto the tray and poured out once i stopped??? Or it could be a small coolant leak from somewhere.

I told the guys this before they took it into the Garage.

All came Back good, with the car, Except wipers are useless(Knew that) and they told me i had a small coolant leak(Mmmmm yeah knew that as i told you)

Here is where it gets funny, how did the know i had a coolant leak, as they didn't have the car up on a Ramp to see? And there was no coolant once the car was moved.

so tomorrow im getting the car up on my own ramps and seeing whats going on? :D