The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting facelift headlights to pre-facelift cars.

Supra Gaz

Maybe my powers of search have failed me I i just can't find any info today. I am fitting some facelift headlights to my pre-facelift Supra, do I news to change the loom or anything else?

As always the best answer recieves a blue Peter badge. [GRIN][/GRIN]

I think the bulb holders are a slightly different size and need to be filed down a little iirc. Other than that, straight swap.

:yeahthat:

There is a thread somewhere, but as on the iPhone and not laptop. Can't find it.

From memory a small segment needs filed away. Then it's a straight fit.

If you have the ebay jobbies you can do it without the looms which saves about £50 but you have to cut nearly all the hole where the bulb goes in out whereas if you have the new looms you only have to trim a little bit down as in the guide, It might be wise to cap off the sidelight or double indicator hole if you are doing this without looms as to prevent water and condensation and small animals and children getting in there to live out the rest of their existences.

Feel free to send me a pm that I will ignore if you need any help,

Actually while I am here how do you open the bonnet as I finally found out you can use either a key or release mechanism for the boot but so far all I can do to get under the bonnet is use a crowbar.

Any help accepted.