The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guigsys 1994 - Storm Blue - Auto - UK spec -Twin turbo BPU

Guigsy

Hi all.

Here is my car, up for sale. Plenty of people know the car on here and i hope it goes to a nice new home. Appologies if i go on a bit but i think its better to put as much info in as i can rather than answering the same question over and over.

attachment.php?attachmentid=152454&d=1338158556

Lets start with the basics.

At the moment its got no tax or mot and is currently SORN.

There is MASSES of paperwork. origonal manuals. old tax disks, mot certificates, reciepts, even a4 hard back diaries detailing journies taken and parts replaced. I dont have a picture of these at the moment but will get one when i can sort through it.

Id like £7500. no offers please. i hate haggleing over cars. i know the car inside and out. and i know its faults. Please read the whole add.

Thank You.

I have had the car 5-6 years and appart from the usual suspention bits wairing out. very little has gone wrong.

The car has been used. and wasnt a garage queen. its been on a few trackdays (llandow), been up the strip maybe 30 times and had a day at thunder road.

I used the car every day to get to and from work as it was my only car and it has been the best car i have ever owned.

The car has done quite a high mileage now at 160k miles. but for a 1994 car thats still prety good.

The origonal Fluidyne radiator blew so i put a stock one back in.

The rear shocks were a bit leaky so i put some HSD coilovers on.

The calipers were beginning to sieze a few years ago so they were removed and fully refurbed appart from the drivers front which was ok.

The origonal active spoiler got destroyed by speed bumps so i replaced it with a greddy lip.

The paintwork is in great condition appart from a few areas, it was in and out of the bodyshop a few times last year having bits tidied up and fixed.

A huge pothole in a carpark cracked my lip and side skirt. so they went in to be repaired and resprayed. I also had the front bumper and passenger wing done to get rid of stone chips. The work was done by brackmills body repair just arround the corner from where i work who i have a great reationship with.

On the 6/6/11 i had an accident in the car. Detailed here - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?248105-Another-uk-spec-bites-the-dust

However ill go over it again briefly here.

I pulled out of the carpark at work and didnt se a girl in her ford KA coming. she couldnt stop, locked up and everything infront of the radiator was toast.

Thankfully it wasnt as bad as it looked. she skimmed the crash bar as she was at at 90 degree angle and pulled it off. along with the front bumper. The headlights were lost and the metal support they sat in was a bit out of shape.

The chasis leg on the drivers side was only a cm or 2 out of line, the bonet and passenger wing were recoverable.

I picked up a 2nd hand bumper, drivers side wing, crash bar, new front lip, new slam pannel, new headlights and a new pipe for the aircon system.

She had also pushed the intercooler into the passenger chasis leg and punched a big hole in the end tank. along with pulling a mounting bracket off it. and made an intercooler pipe into a pancake.

Insurance had said it was likely to be a write off going on the description of the damage. so i advised them i wouldnt bother claiming.

I was on the way arround to the bodyshop to get them to quote on spraying my doors (removal of stone chips). So i gave him a call while the car was sat on the side of the road and he popped arround. fortunately it was looking like an easy fix and he wasnt that worried about it. i was freaked out however!

It cost me about 2k after parts and paint.

The car was on the jig and made sure all was correct. The car looked a lot worse than it realy was and the chasis legs had not moved much. the crash bar had sheared the bolts and popped off. i guess taking most of the impact. so the pictures of the headlights looking way out in the above thread are a bit deceptive. everything was pushed over a little bit giving a false impression. once located back in there normal place there was a surprising lack of damage. very releaving.

The bonnet, both front wings, front bumper, doors and sideskirts were all resprayed. Aswell as the drivers rear quater as id picked up a scrape on the skirt. the paint was all blended in properly and the work was done by a propper accident repair bodyshop not my mate dave in his shed. :) Then it was given a mop and polish.

So the car is HPI clear and back to better than she was before the accident :)

I origonaly baught the car from ~Rob~ in about 2007, but ill have to check the exact date.

Here is the current spec list.

Engine:

Irridium IK22 Plugs

Alloy Oil Catch Can

Newish stock Radiator (a year or so ago)

Stock UK spec Twins (Boost @ 1.3 Bar), origonal turbos

Chris Wilson Pannel Filter

GReddy 3 Row FMIC

Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust

Rod Millen Double Decat

Fluidyne Transmission Cooler

All maintained by Garage 786

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes etc:

18 inch Rondell #73 Wheels - Toyo Proxes T1-R 235 fronts and 255 rears (i think)

Refurbed by Ibrar Jabbar/Speedwells a few years ago in shadow chrome paint.

These are very rare wheels in perfect supra fitment. i have never seen them on another supra, the manufacturer is out of business and nobody makes replicas. 2 spare rear wheels will be included with the sale, never used and come without tyres.

DBA 5000 2 Piece Slotted discs (front)

Porterfield R4S

DBA 4000 Slotted discs (rear)

Porterfield R4S

Goodridge brake lines all round

HSD Coilovers

Aligned by Northampton motorsport for fast road.

Electrics:

Defi Boost gauge and Defi EGT gauge with Control box in the blove box.

AFR guage

Blitz Dual SBC Boost Controller Spec-R

Thor TRL FCD

Clifford Concept 650 (CAT 1) with remote start and turbo timer etc

Cosmetic and interior:

Genuine OEM Toyota skirts and spats (plastic, not fibreglass replicas).

TRD Rear spoiler with carbon blade. (stock spoiler included with sale)

GReddy front lip with a carbon wrap.

Facelift front indicators.

Clear side repeaters.

Brand new headlights.

Rear wiper & washer jet removed.

Lexus "fan" style front washer jets.

Refurbed front and rear brake calipers.

Full respray in origonal colour (Storm blue) at the end of 06 (insurance job - pannels keyed)

Dash stripped and resprayed in "Toyota silver #2"

Jspec grey carpet.

Uk spec black leather rear seats.

Corbeau bucket seats.

Performance:

@ 1.2bar, (although this was 5 years or so ago)

383.7 BHP at the flywheel

303.3 BHP at the wheels

379.4 ft/lb (514.5 Nm) Torque

Drag time - Suprapod 09 - i think i have beaten this since but will have to check my time slips.

60ft - 2.2821

330ft - 6.1542

1/8 ET - 9.1663

1/8 MPH - 83.8

1000' ET - 11.6345

1/4 ET - 13.8577

1/4 MPH - 105.19

Thunder road - 28 March 2010

163.5 mph over 1 mile

12.7 sec 1/4 mile on an unprepped track

Bad bits/bits to point out (im picky) -

The wheels are ready for a refurb again. please see the pictures.

The rears are worse than the fronts, they look worse than they are as the paint has chipped rather than the rim getting dammaged in some areas.

The paint on the rear bumper has some minor scuffs and a bit of cracking in the laquer. nothing bad. and iv tried to show it the best i can in the pictures. there are also some marks above the drivers door when someone lobbed an egg at the car and the shell managed to take off some of the paint.

The carbon blade on the trd spoiler is starting to go wierd. the bodyshop origonaly polished it up and it went away. but came back after a few mins. they flatted it back and gave it a new top coat. this lasted well but its starting to go again :(

The afr guage isnt mounted properly on the dash. i dont want to stick it down as that tends to spoil the dash. so ill leave that up to whoever buys the car.

IIRC (ill check) the last MOT was all good. advisary on a bit of corrosion on the brake lines. and a little leak coming from the cam cover gaskets.

The hid lights blew when i had the accident. i dont know if its the bulbs or the ballasts but both have gone. ill get them replaced or put stock bulbs back in as soon as i can.

Since sitting arround in the bodyshop and on my driveway to vsv's are a bit sticky. and the 2nd turbo (which always was a bit tempremental after sitting for a few weeks) doesnt want to come online. im sure once iv had the car mot'd and had it looked it it will be ok.

Here are a couple of vids. Unfortunately i dont have the thunder road vid and its been taken down from youtube. This was a little sprint day i did before i got the new lip and trd spoiler.

Took some extra pictures of all the paperwork i have. I didnt take pictures of everything as there would have been tonnes of them.

Folder with origonal douments from toyota. Origonal owners manual. Maps with dealer locations.

3 large diaries with notes for parts fitted, work done and journies taken etc.

Service stamps right up to about 116k miles.

Massive stack of reciepts for various parts. including reciepts from toyota, driftworks, thor, afr, garage 786, envy performance, opie oils and many many more.

Mot certificates.

Dyno prints and alignment check printouts.

The origonal RAC check from when ~Rob~ baught the car including hpi check.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.