The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rent your wheels?

Jellybean

Hey , one of the Film guys is looking to rent my Volk wheels for a Veilside Supra , the car wont be moved , closed set ; basically it is sitting beside an Aston in the Background

What do you think, they need the wheels for a week and I reckon it will be in and around 200-250 sterling they are looking to pay to rent them

They said they will leave a deposit against the wheels

Anybody have any experience in this area or general comments? My car is just sitting there , off the road for the winter

Just between two minds over it

My Dad did this a few years a go and the agreement was (my Dad's terms) that pictures were taken on collection, with them signing on a description of the condition of the wheels, a deposit of £750 was handed over + £1000 for the use of them (this was for just under 2 weeks).

Wheels were returned actually better than they left as they were detailed on set and the deposit was returned and my Dad was £1000 up for something that only involved him taking the wheels off the car and taking a few pics it's worth doing :)

Looks like the Wheels at least will be in an episode of Vexed on BBC2 ; After Stephen seen my car he said he would of taken it but he is commited to the other car ;I am Backup for now but wheels are a go!

The other Supra is touch and go at the moment; currently getting painted but the bodywork is not the best and due to time contraints the bodyshop cannot do what they need to do to get it 100%. Bit of a mix up with the paint color too, bodyshop also broken the two rear quater panel windows , nightmare to get but told Stephen to ask Colin in SSI, he normally always has one or two cars for breaking

Dont know if people remember the Veilside fortune kitted Supra half done on Donedeal for crazy money, 11K/15K he was looking for it AFAIK

Not a big fan of the Veilside Fortune kit myself

But either way Filming starts Thursday! I will try get some photos if I am allowed, hopefully will be on set Friday or Monday , fingers crossed my car gets the go ahead over the other

Sounds great mate, would be much better if your car got featured. Where abouts is this being filmed?

Dublin area in an EX-Opel showroom out by tallagh next to Alfa Romeo and he mentioned around Ballsbridge too but they just need me for the showroom scene

The scene is the closing scene to establish the whole story leading up to it

Supposly the Girl in the show is into cars and she likes the look of the Supra but stumbles across a body in the boot, I am lucky to get my gym bag in it nevermind a body

They need a kit car so it is not easily identified, covering themselfs legally; if they go with mine they will take off the rear spoiler

Scene is in an exotic sports car showroom, Aston Martins and Ferrari's should be on display too

Sounds great fun mate. I'd love to see your car in person, and I work in ballsbridge! I'll keep an eye out for it!

I taught you were out west for some reason, if she is going most likely on the back of a flatbed, no NCT or Roadtax :(

I need the cash towards getting her back on the road! I need Rubber!

One of those random abflug kits. Wheel's set it off nicely, MINT wheels hope you got a free polish ;) Need to rent them some clear wing indicators as well.

Veilside Fortune Kit ;)

Get the wheels back tomorrow, they are finishing filming today ; I just hope I get them back in at least the same condition I gave them

They have my Volk wheel nuts and Keys plus rachet tools, hopefully nobody will try and do a fast one with swapping my wheel Nuts for crappy ones

Wish they used your car, it's much nicer :(

He said he would of, if he knew it existed but since the Director choose this, Nobody wanted to go back to him and tell him he just wasted 2K on doing up this when we could of used this car. But it was touch and go with the bodyshop, I was backup

The car above needs to be resprayed again, body shop messed it up three times, first was the wrong color but they said it is good enough for film.

But unless I was on set with my car, I would not be happy giving them the keys; you will get some idiot who will think its a good idea to take it out. Plus in the scene a body is found in the booth, Afraid it would get scratched or marked. At least Stephen knows me now so maybe some work down the line ;)

He only deals in sourcing cars for film industry in the UK & Ireland, he even said he would bring my wheels over to Ibrar to get refurbed for free, he is always back and forth.

Along with Vexxed he is also currently working with Neil Jordon on his Vampire Movie Byzantium,also last time Brad pitt was here filming he was in Stephens RV ha ha

Small World!