The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Precision Billet 6266 DBB Vs Garrett GTX35r

adi2009

Does anyone know how the two turbo's would compare against each other. I am considering choosing a quick spooling turbo to use with a SP QSV. I am currently using a Precision T61 journal bearing turbo and want something which is more responsive but around the same power levels.

Is the GTX35r not more of a 700+hp turbo? I know the old GT35r was around the 600 mark maximum but from what I've been reading the GTX30r is more comparible to the GT35r.

IIRC, the GTX35R is GT35R + 10% or thereabouts. I know Nic got somewhere in the region of 540bhp @ 1.4bar on his, so, 10% is nudging 580-600. And it's meant to spool better than a GT35R.

Good shout on the S362 as well.

IIRC, the GTX35R is GT35R + 10% or thereabouts. I know Nic got somewhere in the region of 540bhp @ 1.4bar on his, so, 10% is nudging 580-600. And it's meant to spool better than a GT35R.

Good shout on the S362 as well.

I've read reports of 2.5bar and 700+RWHP on the GTX35r though.

The GT35r was seriously out of puff by 2.0bar. Granted if 600hp @ 1.4bar is the goal then it's a good choice but I would be more inclined to go for a smaller turbo at slightly higher boost if I wanted 600hp. The GTX30r is meant to be right on the money for 600hp.

Im a big precision fan myself, In this supra board ive not seen any garrett or borg warner able to match precision for spool time or power on the same size turbos.

Regarding the small size tubbies, there are no big differences in Ricky's 67mm Precision turbo vs my 66mm BW unit, both in spool and power.

I am leaning towards the 6266 billet dbb. I need to decide on the divided housing size. Should I be looking at the .82 A/R divided or a 1.0 A/R divided housing on the exhaust side???

If you're happy with 550-600 bhp, I would go with the 0.82 A/R and a twin WG manif ... you'll have a very quick spooling turbo.

Does anyone know how the two turbo's would compare against each other. I am considering choosing a quick spooling turbo to use with a SP QSV. I am currently using a Precision T61 journal bearing turbo and want something which is more responsive but around the same power levels.

Have a read of this comparison between Garrett Vs. Precision Vs. Borg Warner Turbochargers

I don't think you'll be disappointed with either choice.

As a comparison my GT3582R made positive boost at just over 2K rpm and around 540hp at 1.4bar (dyno graph in my garage HERE) the GTX3582R is suppose to spool up quicker and flow 10% more.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Have a read of this comparison between Garrett Vs. Precision Vs. Borg Warner Turbochargers

I don't think you'll be disappointed with either choice.

As a comparison my GT3582R made positive boost at just over 2K rpm and around 540hp at 1.4bar (dyno graph in my garage HERE) the GTX3582R is suppose to spool up quicker and flow 10% more.

Nic, in what great does your car produce positive boost at just of 2K RPM?

Turbo Dynamics when I popped in to see them and talk about a new exhaust housing I asked about the GTX35R vs the BW EFR turbos they are looking to offer next year and they said the EFR is leagues ahead of the GTX range from garrett. They don't deal with Precision so couldn't compare those, but after asking if it'd be worth swapping my GT for a GTX they said hold off for the BW units.