The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me a boost controller

ManwithSupra

Highly recommend the Blitz SBC-ID III, expensive bit of kit but extremely reliable and does exactly what you need it to :) Very easy to use and a nice compact screen on the dash. 4x Switchable presets at the press of a button is a nice feature.

I'm not a big fan of the Blitz dual SBC/spec r, fidly to use and a useless display. Okay if you are on a budget, but there are much better out there.

Depends how much you want to spend, there have been a couple of threads on the subject recently, see HERE and HERE.

All the EBC's below include the gain feature, this would be my order of preference:

1. HKS EVC V

1. Blitz SBC i-color Spec R

2. Blitz SBC id III Spec R

3. Blitz Dual SBC Spec R

3. GReddy PRofec B-Spec II

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Cheers for all the replies :) I was initially looking at the Greedy Profec unit as was attracted by the price vs. features.

I am willing to spend more on the controller if the additional features are worth the additional £150-£250.

I am not one to skimp on quality where i can (I always get the best unit I can afford) but don’t want to buy a more expensive one if i am only going to be using half of the features.

Also whats the difference between the HKS EVC-V(5) and 6??

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Cheers for all the replies :) I was initially looking at the Greedy Profec unit as was attracted by the price vs. features.

I am willing to spend more on the controller if the additional features are worth the additional £150-£250.

I am not one to skimp on quality where i can (I always spend the best unit I can afford) but don’t want to buy a more expensive one if i am only going to be using half of the features.

Also whats the difference between the HKS EVC-V(5) and 6??

I think it is just naming between HKS USA and Japan??

I think Nic will know for sure...

I think it is just naming between HKS USA and Japan??

:yeahthat: For some reason when it was first launched it was referred to by HKS Japan as the EVC version 6 (the previous version was the EVC V) and by HKS USA as the EVC V, although HKS Japan now refer to it as the fifth generation EVC.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Yes it'll work fine, it doesn't have an LCD display so you'll also need a boost gauge but it is easy to use and setup.

I have a decent boost gauge all ready for fitting Nic, its part of a nice complete HKS guage kit I picked up a few months ago.

I'm trying to avoid a situation where I'm looking at the dash more than out the window so one less display to monitor is actually a blessing.

Thanks for the input mate.