The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuse question

Supragal

So my screen washers have stopped working, although they were a little while ago.

You're not making the classic mistake of pushing the stalk in rather than pulling it towards you, are you?

I know it's been a while since you drove the car much.

I'd have all the connectors on that panel out aswell and give them a good spray with some contact cleaner. The car has obviosuly been sitting for a while and has possibly got damp in there.

Sorry, when you say panel, you mean fuse panel?

Huh? :think: I'm well confused now

:)

Well, IIRC, the end button is the rear wash wiper squirter?? In which case.... I don't have a rear wiper, or in fact a squirter, so the pipe that used to run to there is re-routed to point at the floor in case I do press it, to save me filling the interior up with wiper juice.

Make sense?

You're not making the classic mistake of pushing the stalk in rather than pulling it towards you, are you?

shouldnt pushing the stalk in ACTUALLY make the washers work and pulling it just do one cycle of the wipers? jake!

shouldnt pushing the stalk in ACTUALLY make the washers work and pulling it just do one cycle of the wipers? jake!

Not if you have a facelift (like Jake does), they don't have one cycle of wipers on a pull - the pull will squirt the screen.

Makes it nice and confusing when I switch from my car to Keiths.

One big confusion over washers later :)

Pull stalk towards you to do a once-off wipe. Push button in on end of stalk to spray and wipe. Ensure you are pushing the button and not pulling the stalk :)

Failing that, can you hear the motor whirr when you push the button?

The rear wash is on the twiddly knob on the end of the stalk :)

-Ian

Fooking Hell, yeah it's fine, of course. I have absolutely no recollection of having to push the button on the end :blonde:

I guess the red herring of the stereo, and the fact that pulling starts them wiping, so you kind of expect there to be juice as well :rolleyes: And the 4 years of driving other cars :D

Dozy cow, lets just hope everything else is just me being dim :D