The mkiv Supra Owners Club

e-manage ultimate probs?

RobAce

hi allk has any one else had a message from nic and more inportant any know about the problem. i am due to have an ultimate fitted soon.

so any one fitted or had one fitted, with or with-out problems.

ps hi nic not going behind your back you off just getting abit more info.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone using these succesfully yet?

George had a problem with his - but may just have been a dodgy unit...

i have heard from nic that he has only had probs with one of the units he has sent out and that it needed another injector harness thing (not to sure wot it is).

Rob, I pm'd all the members I have sourced the Emanage Ultimate for (5 in total) with the same message you received.

Just to clarify there is NO problem with the Emanage Ultimate, but for it to be compatible with and be able to control the fueling on a Supra, it needs an Emanage Ultimate Fuel Injector Adapter 2 fitting, see dodgy translation HERE.

The Emanage Ultimate is able to increase and decrease fueling, but for this to work on the 2JZGTE, it needs this adapter. Without the injector adapter the Emanage Ultimate is not able to decrease the fueling, which has caused the over fueiling problems experienced by Chipmunk and Ian C, which were initially diagnosed as being a fault with the Emanage Ultimate. It is only as a result of sending one of the units back to GReddy, thinking that it was faulty, that it has been highlighted by one of their engineers that the Injector Adapter is required (The original Emanage did not need an injector adapter) to control the fueling on the Supra. There is no mention on the GReddy US site about the Injector Adapter and the requirement of it to be used, so perhaps GReddy have only just realised it is required to make the EMU compatible with some cars, I'm not sure.

The adapter costs £15 and I am going to get some EMS'd over from Japan to HK in the next few days along with the returned Emanage Ultimate. If anyone needs one (including teh guys I have pm'd) can they please let me know ASAP.

I've just been looking at the Emanage ultimate as I was thinking of upgrading my Emanage blue at some point. In the instructions it says "On vehicles with low resistance injectors without dropping resistors change the injectors to high resistance injectors or use dropping resistors". Presumably this is why you need the adaptor. There wouldn't be any mention on the US sites because they wouldn't need it having high impedence injectors like the UK specs.

I've just been looking at the Emanage ultimate as I was thinking of upgrading my Emanage blue at some point. In the instructions it says "On vehicles with low resistance injectors without dropping resistors change the injectors to high resistance injectors or use dropping resistors". Presumably this is why you need the adaptor. There wouldn't be any mention on the US sites because they wouldn't need it having high impedence injectors like the UK specs.

No this is not the reason for the adapter, it is something to do with the Supra ECU so the US cars will also need the adapter. GReddy have only just released the adapter, so obviously realised that the EMU was not compatible with some cars without it.

I have ordered 7pcs of the injector adapter, GReddy only have 4 in stock though at the moment in Japan, these I will get at the end of this week, the other 3 I will get early December. So those who have contacted me already, I will send you the first 4 out.

I know Ian is very excited about it :ecstatic:

Hopefully he'll be along in a minute and may be able to add to the above explanation.

With my internet access as it stands at the moment I'm not doing anything quickly online :(

Yeah, this looks good. I was annoyed at the EMU because it didn't work straight out of the box with my map translated onto it and it damn well should have. Having an explanation from GReddy rather than a black hole of wtfness staring at me is a good result :thumbs: So I've got one of these adapter blighters on order and I can't wait for it to show up as then I think I can put in the EMU and run my car off my Blue map on it to start with. Then I can start learning it's ins and outs and I think I have a solution to the 3500-4000rpm annoyance zone - I know why it's so hard to map and I know how to get around it, but it needs the Ultimate :D

And launch control and upping the rev limit and and and :drool:

-Ian

I'm confused. I thought it was the JSpecs that use high impedence injectors and the UK/US specs that had low imp ones, no?

Yup. Low impedance = add a dropping resistor (the resistor pack). This part of the installation instructions is to make sure people don't wreck their engines when swapping injectors or adding in extra ones, that's all. It's nowt to do with this overfuelling prob.

I don't know what this adapter does to stop the problem or what causes the problem in the first place, when I get my mitts on one I'll have a better idea...

-Ian

• 3 weeks later...

An update to this. I got Charlie's injector adaptor on the same day as I got my one, so I used mine but thanks loads for Charlie stepping in there :thumbs:

Anyway, tonight was the first opportunity I got to wire everything up and test things. It was 11pm by the time I got the EMU back in the car with the adapter in place and the O2 sensor plumbed in, and the config done and the map loaded, :blahblah: and it... didn't start :( Running 11ms duty to start?!! I don't think so.

So I pulled the injector duty cycle by 50% in that area and it started but ran like a dog. A check of the AFRs and it was stuck on 19.4:1... Hmmm, no wonder it's running rough :) So I put back in all the fuel I took out and it ran sweet with a 10.4:1 cold start.

I don't know why it wouldn't start at first but it responded to a couple of throttle blips nicely, and then I switched off because it's 11pm and I'm in a residential area :tomato:

So, early days yet but a promising start. Way better than the first time out without the injector adaptor. More news on Thursday hopefully where I'll let it warm up and give it some revs, and datalog some stuff.

Find attached piccies of the guts of the injector adaptor. I measured 510ohms between the power lead (red) and each injector lead. Obviously there isn't much to it, and I've no idea how it does what it does or even what it does or why there is an overfuelling problem in the first place but hey :) I also hot-glue'd it and the wires into the plastic case as otherwise the wires are secured by the goop and the solder on the PCB - too chancy for my liking.

-Ian

EMU injector adaptor 2_top.jpg

EMU injector adaptor 2_bottom.jpg