The mkiv Supra Owners Club

e-manage ultimate probs?

RobAce

Guest AlxRSPTT

Don't mean to bump and old thread, but it is better suited in here. I searched a bit and only saw a mention of it in this thread by Ian C. Has anyone figured out if you can utilize the rev limit adjustment for the ultimate in the Supra? I know it says you need to have a fuel cut rev limiter, but what is the ignition cut feature for then? Just a secondary rev limiter?

UK/US Supras use ignition cut for the rev limiter, correct? Which would mean rev limit adj. shouldn't work on our cars. For me, this would be the main reason to get the eManage as I don't want an AEM, and it costs $700 to raise the limiter elsewhere which is totally not worth it (considering the eManage is cheaper). I'd rather have a V-Pro, but that is a bit out of budget for me when I only would like to have an adjustable rev limit and basic fuel control, for now at least. Thanks for any info.

Alex

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The rev limiter is fuel cut based from the factory as ignition cut is loud and wasteful of fuel, not something OEMs aspire to.

The rev delimiter feature works on the Ultimate, but I'm not sure just how well. Seems a bit sporadic at times, and also as it it's still trying to limit but losing the fight. Other times it just rockets round to 7200rpm.

The ignition cut feature is in case you have no rev limiter and want one, or even a lower one for some odd reason.

-Ian

Guest AlxRSPTT

Ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up. That is very odd that it works whenever it feels like. Is it just the factory ECU fighting it? I guess I can just test my luck with this thing.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
Guest supracosworth

Hi, I just chance upon this thread while searching for some info on installing the e-manage Ultimate on a VVTi Supra TT. I've been driving a 96 non-VVTi TT for 5 years on EM Blue

U. Unfortunately, it never left the garage again since my upgrade to a PT67 started 3 years ago but that's another story.

Last month I chanced upon a pristine condition 2000 VVTi Supra which is probably the last that got imported into Hong Kong. I've got a EM Ultimate and E-01 lying around that was orginally destined for my 96 and now I want to put this setup on the VVTi to do two things:-

1. Make sure that I've enough fuel to run 1.2 bar as the car's now doing since removing the cat. I dare not go WOT as the tail just wants to step out in the first 4 gears despite the torsen.

2. The car's so stock that it's still limtied to 180kph. I want the speed limiter removed.

I'm installing a LC-1 wideband and intend to use this to do autotuning based on target AFRs and would be grateful for your comments on the following:-

1. Has anyone tried the auto tune feature based on target AFR? How close does it get you and does it only tune fuel or adjust timing also? Do you remove the wideband once the tuning is done or you leave it on for constant monitoring?

2. Has it been confirmed the E-01 won't work with the EMU?

3. Does anyone know whether the JSpec VVTI TT runs on MAP (like the Jspec non VVTi) or on MAF?

Many thanks.

Hi, I just chance upon this thread while searching for some info on installing the e-manage Ultimate on a VVTi Supra TT. I've been driving a 96 non-VVTi TT for 5 years on EM Blue

U. Unfortunately, it never left the garage again since my upgrade to a PT67 started 3 years ago but that's another story.

Last month I chanced upon a pristine condition 2000 VVTi Supra which is probably the last that got imported into Hong Kong. I've got a EM Ultimate and E-01 lying around that was orginally destined for my 96 and now I want to put this setup on the VVTi to do two things:-

1. Make sure that I've enough fuel to run 1.2 bar as the car's now doing since removing the cat. I dare not go WOT as the tail just wants to step out in the first 4 gears despite the torsen.

Hi and welcome:) first off, it sounds like you need some decent tyres!

2. The car's so stock that it's still limtied to 180kph. I want the speed limiter removed.

Yes the ultimate can do this but I'm afraid i don't have the settings as i don't use this feature.

I'm installing a LC-1 wideband and intend to use this to do autotuning based on target AFRs and would be grateful for your comments on the following:-

1. Has anyone tried the auto tune feature based on target AFR? How close does it get you and does it only tune fuel or adjust timing also? Do you remove the wideband once the tuning is done or you leave it on for constant monitoring?

Yes this works quite well but despite there being a set calibration for the LM-1 i still had to tweak mine to give satisfactory results, and yes you can leave it connected as auto tune will only work when the ultimate is connected to your laptop, and the fuel map is selected.

2. Has it been confirmed the E-01 won't work with the EMU?

Yes I'm afraid it wont work at all due to different operating systems.

3. Does anyone know whether the JSpec VVTI TT runs on MAP (like the Jspec non VVTi) or on MAF?

Sorry not familiar with the VVTI, but I'm sure someone will be along that does know.

Many thanks.

Guest supracosworth

Many thanks TR for you inputs! For my limited purpose, I'm beginning to wonder whether I might be better off installing the Blue with the E-01 instead since I won't be running big boost or single.

• 1 year later...

EDIT: Found the problem, it was just the ECU connector not pushed in all the way. Phew

Having some problems with my EMU. Since my car is a J-Spec I wired it up with the wiring chart floating around these boards from Ian C. I'm using a fields harness and when I connected it to my car and turned the key I got the red flashing light on the EMU. So I unplug it and plug the OEM harness back into the ECU and am now getting diagnostic code (31) MAP sensor circuit and (14) ignition signal circuit.

I had all the jumpers set correctly and triple checked my wiring. Anyone have any ideas what might have happened.

Edited by Durandal (see edit history)

• 3 years later...
Hello, i want get FCD working on this ecu. So u guys dont connect from greddys box analog in and output to TPS wire? U use airflow output singnal to remove FCD? correct ?

-Aku

Normally its the MAP sensor voltage that clamped to prevent fuel cut on the EMU, unless of course you have both MAP and AFM in which case i am not sure which is used.

Got jmd supra, rz-s automatic single turbo -95. So i just got MAP, dont have MAF in my car. In finland we dont in many cars with this ecu. I tryed ask at supraclubfinland, but ppl rly didnt know how to connect wires. I got already supra running with this ecu, just dont know how to get FCD working. I saw in this site ( http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?119378-EManage-Ultimate-and-RLTC-Wiring-JDM-6-speed-non-vvti&highlight=greddy+ultimate ) how to connect greddy ultimate wires, made by ian c. Think he is a master of this box? In that tablet u dont use for jspec car analog in and output wires. So u use that airflow OUTPUT map, adjust in there volts. and u get FCD working?

Can u made in that way that, you use greddy own 3bar sensor for airflow and u connect analog wires to Turbo Pressure signal and get Greddyn Boost Cut working?

Im sry about my english, hope you understand what i mean.

Thank you already!

-Aku

Edited by agumi (see edit history)

All you have to use is the Boost Limiter Cut Setting table in the EMU software, and set every load site to 4.40v. That'll act as a fuel cut defender. The most basic install of an EMU involves cutting the MAP sensor wire and connecting it to the EMU so you should have done that already - if not, fuel cut is the last thing you should be concerned about :)

-Ian

I got dyno booked at may. I will get all done there. But it wont help i wont get fcd working before that. I just wanna know how to connect wires to use it. I will test it in dyno then. So ian c, if i connect wires like u have put in excel tablet(already done that), i just need to change in boost limiter cuttings outputmap volts to 4.40voltage?

I dont need connect analog in and output wires from greddy ultimate ecu to use that function? In USA forums they say, u must change airflow output map to revent fcd if u dont not hook analog in and output wires. Not in boost limiter cut output map. Im so confused in this case. thanks to answering to me! Hope u answer in these questions too!

Thank you

Best Greetings

Aku Tahvanainen

All you have to use is the Boost Limiter Cut Setting table in the EMU software, and set every load site to 4.40v. That'll act as a fuel cut defender. The most basic install of an EMU involves cutting the MAP sensor wire and connecting it to the EMU so you should have done that already - if not, fuel cut is the last thing you should be concerned about :)

-Ian

I'm not sure about what other advice you've got or which analogue lines you mean, but if you're got a MAP system and no MAF, my Excel sheet is the right way to wire it up. Setting the Boost Limiter Cut Setting table to 4.40 volts in every cell means the stock ECU will never see more than 0.95bar of boost so it'll never trigger fuel cut or go 100% duty on the fuel injectors, which is exactly what an FCD is for.

Hi

I mean from greddy ultimate ecu wires 31 and 37 (analog input and output). But now its okey, i have connect all wires like u have puted in that excel tablet. And i will put to boost limiter cut setting table 4.4volts and its ok then! Thank you very very very much!

I'm not sure about what other advice you've got or which analogue lines you mean, but if you're got a MAP system and no MAF, my Excel sheet is the right way to wire it up. Setting the Boost Limiter Cut Setting table to 4.40 volts in every cell means the stock ECU will never see more than 0.95bar of boost so it'll never trigger fuel cut or go 100% duty on the fuel injectors, which is exactly what an FCD is for.

• 2 months later...

Hi again! Yesterday we had time at "motest". They adjust cars ecus etc.. He didnt have much experience about greddy ultimate ecu. We have problems with fuel pressure, its go very low at 4k rpm and turbopressure was aroung 1bar. I have jmd supra, normal 440cc injector but now have euro-spec 550cc injector and resistance packed install. bosch 044 fuelpump, stock rail, stock fuellines (only mod is http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/garage-whifbitz-15378.html ), using 98 pumpgas, Fuelpumps gets all of time over 12v power.

Hp goal was 450-500hp, and we just get 4k rmp 370hp and no change to get over 4500rmp

From Greddy ultimate I/J settings are abit weird to me... Can those be wrong? what numbers you must have there? Bosch 044 is 1year old.

Thank you already

-Aku Tahvanainen

You wont see more than 400BHP max on the std turbos at a max of 1.4 bar no matter what injectors or pump you use,

you will need to go single turbo or hybrid twins to see 450 BHP +

For the injectors you will need to change the setting with the std 440cc in the first box and the 550cc in the change box, you will probably need to play with the lag settings to get the best from them.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)

Ah sry, i got single turbo conversion, holset 40hx super and those 550injectors and resistance pack for those. 3" exhausta pipe, 3" midpipe, no cats. Emusettings was i/j page I/j After and before 999CC and lag was 0, can this be the problem? Before dyno they was after and before 0 / 0 and lag 0, and we adjust it diffrent page. But this Dynoguy change those.

Thank you

- aku tahvanainen

You should have the original 440cc injectors selected in the first box and the 550cc injectors in there second/injector change box, or the internal calculations will be wrong and the injectors wont see the correct duty cycle/duration, the lag times can be played around with to archive a stable idle and AFR, EMU is not good at lag so it will take some adjustment before its right.

I emailed to him and he said to me back " It wont mather, is there 0cc and 0cc (i think if its 0 its us orginal ecus value?) and before he starts dyno session, he dit put those value to emu 999cc and 999cc there and it wont be right. He didnt test ride at first my buddy maps, he just change values on ecu and started dyno, and all went wroong.. My buddy adjust it last summer and car did go rly nice and didnt have this problem (fuel pressure drops after 4k rmp).

So my do u think if i change to emu i/j page those 550cc injector size, i wont get that same problem that i have now? Got innovate mtx-l afr installed and going to test with my friend. So afr must keep in pull at between 11-12? is that good?

Sry about english, not my best day!

Thanks

-Aku Tahvanainen

I would definitely enter the injector sizes as per this pic, the lag times can be adjusted for both injectors, but for simplicity i would leave the 440cc as 0.0 and try adjusting the 550cc lag times until you get a nice stable idle.

The EMU changes the injector calibration globally, using this setting, quite why your tuner would input 999cc i have no idea, but it certainly wouldn't make for good running.

How much is you fuel pressure dropping by? fuel pressure will rise and drop depending on whether the motor is on boost or not.

999 and 999 will be same as 0 and 0. Global zero effect. Tuner is probably using maps only to tune - which is fine if maps are good. Be careful using his maps and then changing to 440-550 global resize. The injector Before and After is just an educated guess to start tuning from (when used).

Use Emanage "Auto-tune" for good results like others. Look it up if you don't know what I mean.

In regard to lag - this will be very sensitive at idle conditions as Ricky moots. If the injectors are OEM, then look them up. It won't make much difference at boost though unless crazy values. Lag left at zero-zero will mean no effect - quite safe usually if injectors are similar lag.

Have you tried inputting 999 to the injector change then?

As for the EMU auto tune... well IMO its one of the worst features of the EMU its about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I have used the injector maps to compensate for injector size, but always found it harder achieve a stable AFR for the given load, but i guess everyone has their favorite way of doing things, i always found that unless you had sensible input in the lag box, idle was always unstable...slight miss etc, but then at this point the std ECU is using its own lambda feedback, so if using the 440cc lag time, then it has problems.