The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iPhone to get multitasking with an update

Wez

Guest Luke Hero
HTC may be short lived (hopefully). ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8545976.stm

LOL

"At the same time Apple is locked in legal action with Nokia. The Finnish phone giant sued Apple for patent infringement in October 2009, alleging it had stolen patented technology.

In response, Apple countersued in December 2009. Nokia launched a second round of legal action in the closing days of 2009."

Awwuh i think HTC phones are ace, i hope they stay in buisness :)

Fair enough if you want to keep taking it up the rear from Apple, but I'd have thought that competition was a good thing...

I like competition but I certainly dont feel like Apple has taken me up the rear, I played with some google phones as well as a number of MS phones and even the nokia communicators but the iPhone exceeded them all, I am not an apple Fan Boi but its a great phone.

Why all the hating :search:

Why would you say 'hopefully'?

Fair enough if you want to keep taking it up the rear from Apple, but I'd have thought that competition was a good thing...

Because they should invent their own, rather than stealing, like err Apple. Oh, well, the Nokia one wouldn't have been any good anyway ;)

Lol all android phones you can download apps, almost all are free, and one of which is a compass. 32gb built in? Maybe not, buy a 32gb card, heck buy 2 and have 64gb if ya please. :rolleyes:

Its just the ad campaings are so annoying, like the one with voice recognition, nokia did that yonks ago. The latest advert, record a video (nothing special) send it via a message (not new at all) and call multiple people (again, not a new feauture whatsoever).

Having said that, i do like the phone :) I just think theres a lot better phones and people are blind to em.

Sorry, rant over hah :innocent:

Totally understand where you are coming from.

When I first got my 2G I really liked it & at that time not a since phone came close to the phone ability & quality of build. The OS was pretty much flawless (Even though I had to hack it in order to run TMobile). This year I took an upgrade to the 3GS as I wanted to get rid of the use of the TomTom & wanted a replacement. I only stuck to the iPhone due to Tmobile wanting to keep me as a customer so specially ordered the phone in as they don't do it.

Now though although the new 3GS is very good I feel like if I waited & search I would been able to get a phone better to my use, but the bottom line is I had gotten use to Apple's GUI & had become more dependent on the ability to sync etc with backup & restores quite easily...I had become lazy.

is the HTC desire their best phone yet?

How does it compare with the HD2?

I believe the HD2 is supposed to be better (Waiting for mine to turn up).

Though this is HTC's 8th attempt or so to having an acclaimed "iPhone Killer".

Guest Luke Hero

Yeah ive read that the Desire is a mint phone, only reason im keeping my HTC Touch Pro 2 is cause i love the massive slide out keyboard.

Used to have a HTC Hero and i do miss Android OS, the Windows OS on the TP2 aint great.

Ive owned phones with the Apple OS, Android, WebOS (palm pre) and Windows Mobile. Ive got to say that Android is the best IMO, WebOS is amazing once you get used to it but doesnt have as much freedom as Android.

• 2 weeks later...
Is that not delayed due to over demand in the US?

mine was supposed to be here last week from the US but has been delayed due to the icelandic situation....I am expecting a gorgeous VP to hand deliver it to me in person ;)

BTW: got a new 3GS today and have to say that it is bloody quick compared to my 3G - easily twice as fast or more.

Glad the 3GS will support multitasking.