The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iPhone to get multitasking with an update

Wez

Like all of its features, none are new lol

What like built in compass or ability to install applications, how about having a 32GB built in drive?

Don't see any other phones with things like this (Yes I am an Apple Fan Boi) even though I have a number of Blackberry's & HTC's.

What like built in compass or ability to install applications, how about having a 32GB built in drive?

Don't see any other phones with things like this (Yes I am an Apple Fan Boi) even though I have a number of Blackberry's & HTC's.

My HTC Desire has a Compass *and* a Tricorder... I can use them both at the same time too ;)

....while installing applications.... to 32gb of removable memory... while making a call... and looking cool.

Only ever bottom of the range ones from 10 years ago then?

Got a Blackberry Storm, HTC Nexus One & Touch2 (Should have a HD2 arriving soon).

My iPhone 3GS is my personal phone & I still have the 2G which I brought when it first came out.

I have been working with Smart Phones since they starting bringing them out when I started working in Deloitte 8 years ago.

So have seen how the technology has changed from the old Blackberry's to the Compaq handheld & Palm's.

I am now getting a bit bored of the iPhone as nearly everyone has one, not because it is a fantastic bit of kit with some quality tools which you could use everyday, but because it has now because a fashion accessory & no longer the geek phone it use to be when I had the 2G.

My HTC Desire has a Compass *and* a Tricorder... I can use them both at the same time too ;)

....while installing applications.... to 32gb of removable memory... while making a call... and looking cool.

Michael you always look :cool:

Well at least when you are in the Supe ;)

Got a Blackberry Storm, HTC Nexus One & Touch2 (Should have a HD2 arriving soon).

So you were lying with your first statement then?

Whoah there Tiger!

According to the HTC site you can't install apps to the card only to the internal memory.

Are they fibbing?

Most apps install to internal memory, some can install to SD if they need a lot of space for caches etc.

Or you can run apps2sd to just run everything off SD. That's probably going to be the default post 2.1 anyway.

Try the Nokia N900, I hate the N series Nokia's and loved my iPhone when I had it, but upgraded to this and love it!!! It is everything an iPhone is and more :D

In what sense?

If its referring to Blackberry('s) then I also have a 8900 but that has been sitting dormant for over a year.

This...

It's technically a Google Nexus One by the way ;) Can't comment on the storm or touch2, but suspect they have at least 2 of the 3.

Whoah there Tiger!

According to the HTC site you can't install apps to the card only to the internal memory.

Are they fibbing?

You usally get the option to instal to either the device or the storage card. Whether or not all the apps will run if installed to the card or not is another matter.

This...

It's technically a Google Nexus One by the way ;) Can't comment on the storm or touch2, but suspect they have at least 2 of the 3.

Ah, I see.

Well I thinking of what phone to have it all, the Google Nexus is nice but it is not good enough for me to put the iPhone down yet. Think they are going in the right direction but I want something which is not trying to compete with the iPhone constantly. They need to build something different just like Apple did with the iPhone few years back.

The Storm is rubbish, the worst touch screen phone you could get!

I do like the touch 2 but I perfer the iPhone's touch facility.

Guest Luke Hero

Lol all android phones you can download apps, almost all are free, and one of which is a compass. 32gb built in? Maybe not, buy a 32gb card, heck buy 2 and have 64gb if ya please. :rolleyes:

Its just the ad campaings are so annoying, like the one with voice recognition, nokia did that yonks ago. The latest advert, record a video (nothing special) send it via a message (not new at all) and call multiple people (again, not a new feauture whatsoever).

Having said that, i do like the phone :) I just think theres a lot better phones and people are blind to em.

Sorry, rant over hah :innocent: