JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A cool addition to the interior would be to get hold of a Corbeau sticker, put it on the seat mounts, paint them green and remove the sticker again so the "Corbeau letters" would stick out black on green :-)

:D

Bit of a random Q, Jamie, but I noticed that the carpet has obviously been dyed, I take it you also did the roof lining? (Looks it to me?!) If so, how did you manage to do that?

Cheers, Andy.

Its not Dyed, my car came from the factory like that.

A cool addition to the interior would be to get hold of a Corbeau sticker, put it on the seat mounts, paint them green and remove the sticker again so the "Corbeau letters" would stick out black on green :-)

Painting the back of the seats green would look cool :p

Here you go, taken from this years HKS rule book :)

GSR 4:10 ROLL BARS (ET 11.99 to 10.00Secs)

All roll bars must be within 6-inches (152 mm) of the rear, or side, of the driver's head, extend in height at least 3-inches (76 mm) above the driver's helmet with driver in normal driving position, and be at least as wide as the driver's shoulders or within 1-inch (25.4 mm) of the driver's door. Roll bar must be adequately supported or cross-braced to prevent forward or lateral collapse of roll bar. Rear braces must be of the same diameter and wall thickness as the roll bar and intersect with the roll bar at a point not more than 127 mm (5-inches) from the top of the roll bar. Sidebar must be included on driver's side. The side bar must pass the driver at a point midway between the shoulder and elbow. All vehicles with OEM frame must have roll bar attached to frame; installation of frame connectors on unibody cars does not constitute a frame and therefore it is not necessary to have the roll bar attached to the frame. Unibody cars with stock floor and firewall (wheel tubs permitted) may attach roll bar with 150 mm (6-inch) x 150 mm (6-inch) 3 mm (0.125-inch) steel plates on top and bottom of floor bolted together with at least four 10.0 mm 3/8-inch bolts and nuts or weld main hoop to rocker sill area with 0.125 (3.2 mm) reinforcing plates. All 4130 chrome moly tube welding must be done by approved TIG Heliarc process; mild steel ( or ST51) welding must be approved MIG wire feed or TIG heliarc process. Welding must be free of slag and porosity. Any grinding of welds prohibited. See illustration (PIC. 18). Roll bar must be padded anywhere driver's helmet may contact it while in driving position.

Adequate padding must have minimum 1/4-inch (6.35 mm) compression or meet SFI Spec. 45.1.

GSR 4:11 ROLL CAGE (ET 9.99 TO 8.50Secs)

Roll Cage: All cage structures must be designed in an attempt to protect the driver from any angle, 360-degrees and be fully welded. All 4130 chrome moly tube welding must be done by approved TIG heliarc process; mild steel tube welding must be approved MIG wire feed or TIG heliarc process. Welding must be free of slag and porosity. Any grinding of welds prohibited. Additionally, roll cage must be padded any where the driver’s helmet may contact it while in the driving position. In Competition eliminator where SFI Spec on chassis is required, padding must meet SFI Spec. 45.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my trophy's today, fastest 60ft and fastest 1/4 mile time of the the day at suprapod 2009, well happy with that:)

The car is going in to SRD again shortly for a few more mods, need some more power.;)

Precision billet 6765 DBB turbo

1000cc high imp fuel kit with -6 lines

Still in two minds if i should fit the jun 256/256 cams or not:search:

Whifbitz twin box exhaust (i want to quieten it down a bit so i can do some more trackdays)

Duct the fmic

fit new oil cooler (last one split)

heat wrap manifold and down pipe.

Back to Ryan for as much boost as i can have on road fuel.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)