JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one mate, surprised how much difference the intake has made.

Did you get Charlie to do any overlay with the previous dyno chart? If not hopefully Ryan can upload the new one to his site.

Yea there aint much in it, its a tiny bit better low down and then loses a tiny bit at around 4000-5000rpm then gets back infront, when the boost goes back up im sure it will stay infront all the time, the car feels alive in the revs now where berfore you could feel the power fall away.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Yea there aint much in it, its a tiny bit better low down and then loses a tiny bit at around 4000-5000rpm then gets back infront, when the boost goes back up im sure it will stay infront all the time, the car feels alive in the revs now where berfore you could feel the power fall away.

That was pretty much the assumption you had, but good that it's not done any real damage to the midrange :) Know what you mean about the power tailing off at the high end, it was the same with mine.

The cams will almost certainly release more top end, but there's still that risk of taking away the mid range... I guess it's all about finding that sweet balance between mid and high range.

I will most likely go with the cams as the boost is almost instant at the min and i dont mind losing a little for another 40-50bhp.

:no:

Leave it alone mate!! The car before was a flying machine as proved at suprapod just leave it be now as for me that power curve is one of the best i have done.

I know you hate it when you havn't got a car to go play with and if you go for more power and start breaking things etc you will only loose interest like the Red car.

Leave it alone to the end of summer i would say.

Ryan

Graph looks really good Jamie, nice to see the manifold makes a good difference.

We did talk about the pulsation damper being a restriction but wanted to leave it in to see where the limit would be. If we can change that next on its own would give us a good indication of how much difference it makes and also wheather there is any need to go further with the fuel system.

Great job again Ryan :thumbs:

Thanks chap but I only press a few buttons, you are the one who has done a superb job of fitting it all etc.

p.s the seats are lovely

Thanks chap but I only press a few buttons, you are the one who has done a superb job of fitting it all etc.

p.s the seats are lovely

Cheers guys,

You have both done a great job, i must say im very impressed with everything, the car has been faultless and its not like im easy on it:eyebrows: i use it most days if i can.

That is a nice result Jamie, excellent graph. Stock cams look to be performing very well at that power level.

Can you feel them choke at all on the road at top end?....

The intake manifold results are very interesting, is it a 80mm?