supradibbs

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Such an impressive build.

One thing I think has been missed by everyone is how nice is that guys dash! It looks so supple and soft and actually looks like leather.

I wouldn't have chosen those wheels but wheels are subjective and everyone has different tastes. I still prefer multispokes.

This bloke has vision in spades & it's a shame that more UK members don't appreciate stockbodies and just want to cover their cars in superglue and ram raid halfords before getting a front row seat at an explosion in a paint factory.

There's a reason why USDM & EU cars are rising in value & UK & JDM's are plummeting.

That actually seems quite cheap for what he has got bang for buck wise. appox £30k for a wide arch pretty much brand new supra with all the toys. To put it into perspective, i've spent in the region of £60k on mine now. half of it has been spent on bloomin repairs and replacements (every part of my car has been replaced or re-built :( ) but the other £30k, £10k supra plus £20k on mods hasnt amounted to whats on that car.

Perhaps its the whole over the pond thing, but i'd be chuffed to bits with £30k achieving that

I agree, I have had mine for 6 years now, paid 20K for her and probably spent that again over the 6 years, granted some money was re-spent correcting dodgy or cheap parts but thats part of the learning curve......

Still I wouldnt swap her for all that money back even now, sometimes I hate her, the money she costs to keep on the road, to keep her looking nice, but then as soon as I stand there and look at her I take it all back......

Yeah, its because RHD Supras are ten a penny and LDH are in limted numbers, especially Euro models.

I agree with your stock body sentiments ;)

12,000 sold in the USA

600 sold in UK

1000 sold in Germany

How many sold in Japan? I was always under the impression that there was only 22,000 Supras made in total.

I dont agree with you, just because its been kept standard doesnt mean its lacking vision, who says people who fit body kits or wacky paint jobs are visionaries anyway? The vision to going to all that effort for a mint showroom example is to be applauded.

Going back to the wheels... you need your eyes testing ;) They're a league apart from the set you had on your red one imho.

But of course, you're entitled to your opinion :)

What red one :search: i agree though, my old wheels didnt suit the orange car because they were never going to stay on them, unfortunetly, my new wheels were made to order so have been waiting for them for about 5 months. But they are finally here, leagues apart from those :yawn: ones

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=137464&highlight=Matt

I have to say this is one great looking supra. I have been toying with the idea of a project car myself and I think I'd go down this route with a TRD kit as they really enhance the Supra without losing the standard cars looks too much.

I'd even be tempted to tone the kit down a bit more by trying and retain the standard front bumper. I have been working in photoshop on my ideal supra and came up with this

trd-standard.jpg

What red one :search: i agree though, my old wheels didnt suit the orange car because they were never going to stay on them, unfortunetly, my new wheels were made to order so have been waiting for them for about 5 months. But they are finally here, leagues apart from those :yawn: ones

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=137464&highlight=Matt

My bad - orange :D I didnt realise you were getting some others in... which look so much better than the previous ones you had :)

I have to say this is one great looking supra. I have been toying with the idea of a project car myself and I think I'd go down this route with a TRD kit as they really enhance the Supra without losing the standard cars looks too much.

I'd even be tempted to tone the kit down a bit more by trying and retain the standard front bumper. I have been working in photoshop on my ideal supra and came up with this

That quite nice apart from the jacked up effect.