The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Casualty on the Lane of Doom

keancy

Even a small stratch can be upsetting, so I feel for you. Especially just before your getting it raised.

Poor veilsides.

Carl

Yes, true it is upsetting but sometimes you have to put things into perspective I guess. A lot of people in my firm have been told this morning they lost their job, one of my best friends being one of them. :(

At least you haven't written her off! That was my first thought when reading your thread title!

Hope you get it sorted without too much fuss :(

Me too. Its not too bad and is certainly fixable. Take it to a body shop, they wil be able to sort it out. I smashed up my first bomex bumper, taking the middile section out completely. We put it back together ourselves and we are no pro's;) It came out looking pretty tidy and if it wasn't for hitting a dead badger in the road would still be on today. After hitting the badger though I couldn't face doing it again so stumed up the cash for a new one. But take yours to a decent body shop and you'll never even know it had ever been damaged.

Oh and Rich, love the Avatar mate:d

I think they are lumps of tarmac and as she drove over them they fliped up catching them

:yeahthat: Literally cought a bit that hit below the sideskirt, the force pushing up against it cracked the skirt.

Am I missing something here? Are these "slabs" of concrete actually sticking up out of the hole then? They'd have to be sticking up a considerable about I'd have thought.

When there is nothing but water to see and slabs of Tarmac are underneath it is hard to tell what your about to hit. :(

But take yours to a decent body shop and you'll never even know it had ever been damaged.

That's exactly where it is going this week.

:( Tonight there is a big gaping hole on my driveway where the beloved Supra is missing, SOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBB :(

Went in this am to have springs fitted and damage repaired. Got quoted £100 for the damage grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, expensive shopping trip that was.

God damned lane. :taped:

ah, just phoned the garage my car is at. The boss isn't there so I spoke to the monkey who doesn't really know the exact details but as far as transpired so far the new stock springs will lower rather then raise the car and their softer so the situation would be worse :(. So they didn't fit them, but apparently boss man spoke to Toyota so until he calls me after his lunch I won't know the full story. :search:

Wait for the "brand new stock springs for sale" post lolol. Darned and blast.

And there it is:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=1708185#post1708185

Spoke to Garage again, fitting those stock springs would have no effect what's or ever. Only thing that would so Toyota said to matey would be adjustable shocks. At £130 each for front and £177 each for back that's not going to happen.

My bloke is now going to make me 2 brackets which will be attached somewhere under the front suspension (I am clueless)which will raise the front by 1".

He also informed me that I have 18" wheels at back and 19" at front, how very odd.

Huuuuuuuuraaaaaaaaaa, my baby is back, nicely lifted an inch and the damage repaired.

£290
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

But on the upside my postman delivered me a letter from my bank today telling me my claim against them for a miss sold personal insurance on a loan has gone through and they gonne gimme back £1500 plus interest.

Muuhhaaaaaa, happy bunny now. All I would like now is for the fu**ing weather to get better. ;)