The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4 x Jap Stock Springs

keancy

2 x front and 2x rear springs for Jap 1993 model for sale.

These are brand new, only recently ordered as some of you know from my previous threads.

Selling these to try and recover some cash as fitting them will make no difference to the height of my car so the garage tell me.

The whole reason I bought these was to raise the car.

I haven't bothered asking if Steve Manley would take them back but would doubt that given he ordered the specifically for me.

Whole lot cost me £320 delivered. I would be happy to recover £300.

They are £76 each on back and £65 each front to buy from Toyota plus VAT

assuming you`ve lowering springs in there in the first place the stock items are bound to raise the car. In fact i can`t think of any others that will raise the car over stock height.

Why do you want it higher than stock??

I don't really know how it is the stocks won't raise it more then it is now but according to the garage it won't all it will do is soften my hard suspension and create more bounce which is a deffo a no-no.

As for why I want to raise it:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=132945&page=3

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=130714

i wouldnt mind mine that low:)

Believe me you would if you lived where I do buddy.

Anyways gonne keep springs on here for a few days and see if there is any interest, if not I stick em on eBay next week.

PS: I will cover the postage to who ever buy's them. And maybe I try to call Steve Manley tomorrow to see if he would take them all though I doubt it.

I don't really know how it is the stocks won't raise it more then it is now but according to the garage it won't all it will do is soften my hard suspension and create more bounce which is a deffo a no-no.

As for why I want to raise it:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=132945&page=3

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=130714

Erm, I suggest you don't have this garage work on your Supra, they clearly don't have a clue what they are talking about. If your car is already lowered, stock springs will raise it back up t stock height.

After fitting, you'd be wise to get the camber checked and reset. If this was done when it was lowered, you may end up to too much positive camber.

I had Eibach lowering springs on my car when I bought it, and I fitted stock J-Specs as it was too low. The car is now at least 1.5 inches higher and much more comfortable. (Still handles well.)

I think you'll have trouble selling them at that price... Most people only want to spend money to go lower.

To be fair Keef, mine are used springs.

Erm, I suggest you don't have this garage work on your Supra, they clearly don't have a clue what they are talking about. If your car is already lowered, stock springs will raise it back up t stock height.

After fitting, you'd be wise to get the camber checked and reset. If this was done when it was lowered, you may end up to too much positive camber.

To be honest I haven't got the faintest idea what kind of springs are on my car all I do know is that they are larger then the stock ones, i.e. have more rings that are also thicker then stock (if that makes sense). And the garage called Toyota for advise who told them they are special springs of sorts plus they are reinforced or summat as are the shocks, so it's solid as hell, which it is.

Well either way it's up by an inch now with spacing brackets. We will see how we get on with that.

Still need to sell the stocks I have now and am prepared to drop price if a good offer comes along, just don't need em.

Someone who is doing a stock project might want em. :search:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.