Perhaps the Supra can race after all...

Gazboy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time Attack :cool:

Indeed! :)

Would direct everyone to Steve L's superb Time Attack Club Class results last season.

Hopefully with the work being carried out at the moment/near future this car and driver will prove without question that the Supra can race with the best of them! ;):D

Steve proved the car was quick at the rounds we did this year and with the rebuild, weight loss programme and ever increasing confidence and ability, the sky will be the limit! :):D

Would be great to see some more club support and there are no excuses now that the number of events has gone up to 6 for 2008.

I know Wez applied to compete as well (did you get a place in the end mate?) and the number of cars has doubled for 2008 as well so should be another great year.

Pete :)

What sort of costs are involved in time attack, just out of interest ;)

Just depends on how much money you have and how well you want to do! In the club class you can litterally just turn up in a full on road car with no cage, fire system, etc. Just like doing a track day but with some competition fun thrown in basically.

Pro class is a different matter, the cars have to meet MSA regs which means cage, fire system, proper race wear, etc. This class is really meant for the tuners out there like myself to show what we can do.

Ta

You have to have a MSA race license to compete, starter pack from MSA is £55 then a £400 course at a race school including driving training and exams.

In my book thats not a bad price and you will get alot from the sessions. I have had 2 sit in instructors sessions at track days and in the 10-15 minutes they have sat with me I picked up sooo much stuff I was doing wrong it was well worth the money. I'd hazard a guess that the majority of drivers would benefit from the course. Its especially worth it if you use their cars. Add to this the fact that utter buffoons will be prohibited from the race series because they can't pass basic driving skills tests and it makes the whole series very interesting to me if I am using my own car in it.

• 1 month later...