The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone know anything about dry/split skin cures ???

dude

Wifey suffers from hands spliting/ drying especially when the weather gets cold , is there any magic cure/potion that skiers/ north sea fishermen use to combat this , saw something advertised as used by norwegian fishermen , were off to Italy skieing soon and they will get worse than they allready are :eek:

Dude :blonde:

Check out what chemicals you are using to clean etc at home (or even hand soaps!) - I get this from kitchen sprays etc at this time of year (God knows why not in Summer etc) and first and foremost eczema caused by an allergic reaction

Diprosalic ointment is a good moisturiser (small quantities) around affected areas

E-Cream is best for a general moisturiser (chemist or doctors)

If worse then small amounts of hydrocortisone cream and then above...

Then you take penicillin m8 - and think up an excuse! :eyebrows:

Deffo m8 - thats not just ordinary chapped hands if like that!

If 'splitting' then she may well have an allergic reaction (I suffer from allergy to Garlic and Onions - which as you can imagine is really useful for Catering!!)

However they aren't much good at GP level - and a referral will take 6 months if not on private!!

:(

Pharmacist here!

Lovatt and carl0s are on the right track there. vasaline and aqueous cream are the best. For dry skin, always wash with cold or just warm water as hot water futher dehydrate the skin when dry.

Do not use any soap to wash hands for a few weeks and wear gloves with washing plates, dude you can do that :p

use the aqueous cream BP as a hand wash, once finish washing then put more as a cream. Keep a small tub in your handbag and use it everytime you skin feels dry.

Your skin is like having lots of paper cuts? If there are any dry skin then the crack will not heal and everytime you move your fingers the skin will crack even more. get a skin file and soften the skin with vasaline then carefully file the hard skin away.

Fishman/brick layer pee on then hands. The urea in urine softens the skin but I do not recommand it as it is herm......you know :)

China

BTW if she is not on any medication , generally heathly then take some one a day antihistamine aka zirtek for a week or two , that will cover the allergy part if there is any.

My dad gets it's badly. Big open cuts and spilts, bleeding etc.

They thought it was stress related.

Last doc visit says he has to keep them enriched with E45 and isn't allowed to put them in water at all! So I'm afraid that's you doing the washing up from now on matey boy!

Dude, i`d nip her down the Docs mate to be safe but it sounds a bit like dermatitis.

Dermatitis is just a generic term for inflammation of the skin.

I had terrible eczema as a child, and tried all sorts of remedies, never believing the whole nervous stress explanation. Funnily enough, it all cleared up when I left home and moved in with a girlfriend.

Maybe it's Dude that's the real problem here. :tongue:

I can't believe everybody's resisted saying "spunk on her hands" so far.

Ooh Pomphlyx Eczema (i think it's spelt). I had that when I started my first proper job. Thousands of tiny blisters all over my hands and feet, that burst, then the skin dries and cracks open leaving you looking like you've been self harming. Nice, I don't believe in any god but just in case "What was all that about, you bugger? I'd have left that one on the drawing board if I was you sunshine"