The mkiv Supra Owners Club

opinions on paint....

louisjames

Clearly

Unless they have experience with full sprays and not just 'blow overs' and have experience in fully removing all exterior trim and windows it WILL look obvious

have to disagree there rob, i understand what your saying, but the finish on my supra was spot on and i dont think they removed the trim

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im having my car in for body tweaking and paint, its silver at mo, was going silver again with blue pearl in it, im still tempted on a colour change though. any one have any ideas, something abit diffrent but not to far, i quite like that focus orange.....?

i like that focus orange too or might look at the lambo orange

f*** me that looks nice. is it the focus orange? also love the calipers

No no no no no!!!! focus orange is sh*t, doesnt go on a supra, its a Kandy Orange called Kandy No.20 by Lechler (its f'in expensive mind) give Knight racer a call if you interested, they ordered mine for me ;)

well you know the colour i mean. i think they did a micra in it. looks good though. i just fancied abit plainer, less going on if you know what i mean. have you used that site? their stuff looks good.

yeh bought my paint from them, only done a few test cards so far not painted the car yet but seems alright!!

:think: Are you saying that yours looks gash then? :think:

Point out to me anywhere in this thread that i said mine was perfect.

Whats your point Jake? Oh no, sorry, you just fancied making a snidey point, no surprise there.

I took the time to remove trim, i can see the errors in the paint as well as anyone, but at the same time i dont profess to be an expert, and i didnt charge myself a fortune for doing it.

My point was that most bodyshops, with the exception i believe of GVN wont go to those extra lengths.

Point out to me anywhere in this thread that i said mine was perfect.
I never said you did. You did say that unless a competent body shop does it it won't be any good - yet you and your dad did yours at your house and yours apparently looks alright, so it must be possible.

:shrug:

Whats your point Jake? Oh no, sorry, you just fancied making a snidey point, no surprise there.
. I wasn't getting personal with you but I'm quite happy to if you want.

I never said you did. You did say that unless a competent body shop does it it won't be any good - yet you and your dad did yours at your house and yours apparently looks alright, so it must be possible

Yep thats right. How many bodyshops work on a 4 month turnaround to make sure its all right?

I wasn't getting personal with you but I'm quite happy to if you want.

Yes you were getting personal and you know it, in the 'sarcastic' yet snidey clever little posts you always make.

See i merely commented on it, you are the one swearing over it ;)