The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lambo Doors

hodge

Would you not buy a Lambo in case you rolled it and couldn't get out?

With most kits the doors still open 24 inches normally so that you can still get out should you roll your car for any reason - alternatively dont drive like a twat.

A friend bought a set for £300 and fitted them himself to his MR2and they work fine, he doesn't work as a mechanic or in a bodyshop - so its possible to get a decent set and fit them yourself

Now these have came down in price im thinking of fitting some of these. They look great on Supras When fitted correctly.

at the risk of getting abused ;) i agree with you, i think lambo doors look quality on the right car when fitted properly.

however i have never seen a set fitted properly that dont flap around in the breeze when open, or line up with the rest of the body work when shut.

id still like a set but wont ever do it

if iever baught a lambo i think id have the henges taken off and have some proper ones one :)

Lambo doors on a Lamborghini look good. If your worried about exiting the car if you

a - lost control

b - a Lamborghini with a centre of gravity so low it doesn't have one overturned

c - it was then at risk of catching fire

then just buy a little hammer!

Lambo doors on a Lamborghini look good. If your worried about exiting the car if you

a - lost control

b - a Lamborghini with a centre of gravity so low it doesn't have one overturned

English captain

a - lost control

The vertical door conversion also opens as normal (outwards) so no danger there;)

Guest CoolsBlue

who care what others think, everyone has different tastes full stop. i have a set sitting here waiting to go on, lots of people have lambo doors on their supras, maybe not on this forum:D ive seen them in real, and yea they do move about, only if its windy/moving the car or shaking the doors like i did...but come on youd expect them to, the doors are sitting on a metal frames, bolted to the side walls

John have a word with "Mister sheen" (George) or "AMG" they both have these on their cars, im sure they can give you an opinion on them, fitment how are they day to day etc as they have experience of them ;).

I think they look ok although they still have to open outwards slightly to clear.

Costas knows a guy that will replace the doors and make them lightweight...the ones he has now are really heavy and they've cut up the door cards in his car. £1500 for the new lightweight ones, I believe.

The weight in the doors is due to the side impact bars and strengthening. I would not want to sacrifice side impact protection and rigidy, just to look cool.

If you think that a lamborghini is dated then you dont go out enough;)

All the girls who have seen my car ask me if its a lamborghini because thats the only car doors go up :D but then again some people dont like lambos :p

Seriously, the look is dated. Do you know anyone who sees Lambo doors and says "wow, coo." There's better stuff to spend money on. But hey, its your cash and if you like them who are we to argue.:)

If you think that a lamborghini is dated then you dont go out enough;)

All the girls who have seen my car ask me if its a lamborghini because thats the only car doors go up :D but then again some people dont like lambos :p

Each to their own. I have no problems with that:) Thats just my opinion;) Obviously if its a Lambo, its differant.