The mkiv Supra Owners Club

pretending to be 460bhp on standard TT - car on ebay

4leks

So if a Supra was dyno's at 416 at .8 bar, what would it make at 1.3......? :search:

416 at 0.8, you have to laugh. There is not a hope in hell of it making anywhere near that. Not even close.

Stock is 0.76 and that’s at the most optimistic 325bhp, more likely 300bhp.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

416 at 0.8, you have to laugh. There is not a hope in hell of it making anywhere near that. Not even close.

Granted, I actually thought about what Im saying now you have said it like that........ .8 at 416........ :( that is laughable.......but I wasnt arguing that and ok we call BS on that.... ;)

I was arguing a moo point......a cows opinion......

Dont old boy me :p I probably still look younger then you.....;)

Fotoooo! Don't think so, old man :p

in the advert he says 416 at low boost(we dont know what that low boost is, could be .8bar), so it could be plausable at 1.3bar its making near or around 460 no ?

no comments

416 @ .8bar :search:

you are so funny :D

it is... :) I called him up and asked him to clarify. So, day to day driving etc low boost setting is 1.1 bar on the "e-boost" boost controller, for spirited driving the boost pressure is changed to 1.3 bar.

I experienced some of that spirited driving, and I must confess, it was *very* spirited.

:p

Not a wasted trip actually, the car was very clean the interior needed a bit of a tidy up but was far from bad, had a black carpet so retrimmed seats and maybe a painted dash would make it look much better. The paintjob is almost faultless, has had a full windows out respray with a fleck through it. Every panel lined up, no uneven gaps. Looks to be a genuine Veilside kit although no proof as was imported from Japan with kit already in place. Arches have been cut away for the wide arches.

Engine was clean and tidy everything as it should be. The teat drive in it was good the car pulled very well and boosted to 1.1 bar (more when BC was turned up) it was slightly laggy but even with 335 on the rears the back end was stepping out. No knocks or rattles to cause concern.

Had all the receipts, quite a lot of parts from the US, Whifbitz. a lot of work done at Scooby clinic (I think thats what it was called).

The wheels for me really spoiled the car, they are too big for it, in saying that they only sit 5mm out of the top of the arch. A new set of wheels would set the car off a lot better.

Under the car was clean and even behind the panels there was no signs of any crash damage, it even has good ground clearence.

No blue smoke present but never had a cold start.

460bhp? I dunno maybe dyno over read, the owner said they were stage 2, I saw the reciept and it was not done by Bijal.