The mkiv Supra Owners Club

pretending to be 460bhp on standard TT - car on ebay

4leks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to what I said.

Ther is a large percentage of pious idiots on here, who think there opinions are right.

Others break the envelope and have there own opinions

One persons idea of perfection may not be everyones.

All I am trying to put across is give people a chance before you disagree

AS FOR SELLING THE SUPRA I WAS JUST JOKING spent to much on it

Going back to what I said.

Ther is a large percentage of pious idiots on here, who think there opinions are right.

Others break the envelope and have there own opinions

One persons idea of perfection may not be everyones.

All I am trying to put across is give people a chance before you disagree

AS FOR SELLING THE SUPRA I WAS JUST JOKING spent to much on it

It's called society mate, I'm sure you dont agree with everyone in the real world so you can't expect to agree with everyone on here.

i dont think its too bad TBH

agreed the wheels are a tad wide but there are alot of nice cars with reall wide rears supragold to name one and his car is just something else, im not comparing them but you wouldent get his car for 7k

as for the power claims that doesnt seem to be so OTT either as every rolling road will show different power figures, the car may not be making that power but if the guy has the printout telling him the power then thats what the ad will reflect

it looks a very clean car, im not a V/S fan but again you can bet some are and it is in the BEST color too;)

alex

When will you lot get of your high horses and give people a chance, unless the car is to a certain specification it is ,,

Slag slag slag

Almost small c--k syndrome.

Chap has a car which he likes and is proud of now selling,

Some tw-ats here are far from perfect, Get a life

After reading this thread Supra is going

It's called society mate, I'm sure you dont agree with everyone in the real world so you can't expect to agree with everyone on here.

:yeahthat:

I was trying to say that 460fwhp might be actually be true but like with anything their are so many variables when it comes to tuning cars, the results that they give and peoples opinions.

An example was the other day i was at a local tunning garage to me and we were discussing my car.

The tunning guy: "what ecu are you running?"

Me: "greddy emu"

The tunning and his mate behind the counter openly laugh and said "what a joke" or something similar.

Now i didn't get annoyed i simply carried on talking about my car and he did stop laughing when my car is running the same power etc as one that they are tunning/rebuilding that is running a standalone AEM and the thing has had nothing but problems and has currently got the engine out, especially when i told him that i've done nearly all the work myself! :)

Again i'm not having ago at AEM at all! but after that conversation i just though well that's one company that has just lost out on any business from me :) i.e. rebuilding my engine in the new year etc etc :)

Black turbo on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-Toyota-Supra-twin-turbo-wide-boy-460bhp-or-more_W0QQitemZ250179113662QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18290QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

is the seller an idiot? i've sent him an email asking for dyno proofs and to check whether he knows that 1.3 bar on standard Jspec turbos is unsfafe and also unlikely to show 460bhp (just for fun obviously ;) )

this world is full of idiots...

i also like his wording re Singles :)

I think you should be a little more sure of what your saying young poster before you start calling BS on other people.....

As others have said his advert is actually very conservative compared to most, and with rebuilt UK spec Hybrids, cams and ECU his power figure is probably about right.......

But I quote your post.....

"i've sent him an email asking for dyno proofs and to check whether he knows that 1.3 bar on standard Jspec turbos is unsfafe"

Now that whole sentance is a load of tosh. Firstly they are not standard turbos, as already said, and secondly 1.3 is safe, they might not last as long, but its still safe. 1.2 is deemed the safest boost levels for power Vs longevity, but Hybrids can be run higher, but again you'll just be shortening their life span.....

But as you said, this world is full of idiots lol.....:p :D

EDITED: For once its actually nice to see a clean, well looked after, non riced Supra for sale on Ebay.......of all the Ebay adverts recently, this gets a :thumbs: from me....

he gets all his power from them blue hoses..and whats with the fender flares? i thought those were for 4X4s? that is the most tacky supra i have ever seen..someone should buy it and save it from looking like ass!!

http://www.myspace.com/SupraDan25

Wow, another great post by a new member......those over fenders/what ever you want to call them are quite common, Supragold on here has them for one and everyone has nothing but praise for his car........

This thread is really starting to annoy me for the ignorant statements made about someones Supra just because is it on Ebay when you believe the seller is talking out of his arse, when in actual fact he is probably more acurate then you lot.......:(

I think you should be a little more sure of what your saying young poster before you start calling BS on other people.....

you are very funny, old boy

I have a right to call BS anything which I think is BS imho :p

As others have said his advert is actually very conservative compared to most, and with rebuilt UK spec Hybrids, cams and ECU his power figure is probably about right.......

any power figures without proof is BS and the person who says 460bhp....you can guess :D

But as you said, this world is full of idiots lol.....:p :D

yeap, exactly

especially who overestimates power figures without dynno proofs :p

This thread is really starting to annoy me for the ignorant statements made about someones Supra just because is it on Ebay when you believe the seller is talking out of his arse, when in actual fact he is probably more acurate then you lot.......:(

you call 460bhp "more accurate" with dyno proof of only 416 :D

ha

you are very funny, old boy

I have a right to call BS anything which I think is BS imho :p

any power figures without proof is BS and the person who says 460bhp....you can guess :D

yeap, exactly

especially who overestimates power figures without dynno proofs :p

Dont old boy me :p I probably still look younger then you.....;)

Dont start pulling my posts apart, all Im saying is at the end of the day the advert isnt all that far out, certainly not exagerated like some other the other Ebay stuff, so his initial title for the sale says 460bhp and in the advert he says 416 at low boost(we dont know what that low boost is, could be .8bar), so it could be plausable at 1.3bar its making near or around 460 no ?

And any figure with a dyno chart can also be bullshit, in fact any power figure is bullshit and pie in the sky, it really doesnt mean squat.

I would worry about more its running mechanical condition, set up, how well its been looked after and how it feels on the road, whether thats a claimed or proven 500bhp.....;)

When you have been around for a few years and seen many Ebay adverts claiming this and that, Im sure you will see the angle Im coming from....young whiper snaper.......you still have lots to learn young Jedi......:p

Dont start pulling my posts apart, all Im saying is at the end of the day the advert isnt all that far out, certainly not exagerated like some other the other Ebay stuff, so his initial title for the sale says 460bhp and in the advert he says 416 at low boost(we dont know what that low boost is, could be .8bar), so it could be plausable at 1.3bar its making near or around 460 no ?

Plausable, no :p

At least not on the spec that was mentioned.