The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pissed off this morning.......

Suprash

The worst thing with the insurance companies is when they start chatting utter bullshit to you showing clearly they don't know f**k all. When i was 1st shopping round for a quote a few people were like trust me you wount get covered on a 420bhp car at 21 when u came form driving a 65bhp 1.2 fiesta then i would just hang up.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insurance is all about transferance of risk. In this country car insurance is a legal requirement set by the Government, so someone needs to offer it. You'll probably find motor claims are offset by house claims or business claims etc.

However, the companies will have loads of data on which age groups, demographics etc are most likely to crash which types of cars, and set the figures based around that.

All about risk events, causes, probability and impact.

Yup, think of it like farmers do with crop rotation. No arguements there, I'm not with Sky, there will always be someone cheaper, just a case of looking.

About making a loss, that is fact. Brokers make money from commision, next time you take out a policy ask what the percentage is!

As for the insurance companies, they stay in business by investing the premiums paid. That's how they operate whilst taking less money than they pay out.

;)

Possibily, however the list of people unhappy with sky seems to be getting bigger. Them making a mistake on estimation is AGAIN not our problem.

I find that VERY hard to believe, companies exist to make money, they wouldn't bother staying in business if it cost them money

sky and arian flux are rip off merchants if you got a decent no claims try Highway and get a motor trader policy all you have to do is tell them you valet cars part time they will put 5 of your own cars on the policy and fully comp any other car for you (as part of the business) im with Kaufman (through highway) its worth giving it a go i pay £650 a year full n.c and protected and can drive as many cars as i like fully comp

sky and arian flux are rip off merchants if you got a decent no claims try Highway and get a motor trader policy all you have to do is tell them you valet cars part time they will put 5 of your own cars on the policy and fully comp any other car for you (as part of the business) im with Kaufman (through highway) its worth giving it a go i pay £650 a year full n.c and protected and can drive as many cars as i like fully comp

Seriously? I'd be interested in seeing the fine print in that, seems too open ended and call me cynical but there must be a catch somewhere...

Yeah lying's a smart idea!

It's called fraudulent misrepresentation mate, the key word is fraud and will land you in shite.

Why bother at all!

Ivan's idea is far better!

Seriously? I'd be interested in seeing the fine print in that, seems too open ended and call me cynical but there must be a catch somewhere...

thats wat i though but after being butt fooked with not a drop of ky in sight by flux i read the policy top to tail it all depends on the overall max value, i can have any car up to £7500 anything over that the price goes up, but seriously look into a motor trader policy, they dont check if you are in the trade all you have to say is you valet a few cars part time and bob's your uncle i have claimed two new windows (vandalising bastards round here) they sorted it no problem, sent autoglass round same day, cost me £60 excess and its totally protected.

Be careful with A-Plan. Yes they are cheap but if you have any change of vehicle during your year you will get shafted sideways like i did. If you change car they give you a VERY uncompetitive quote and if you decide to cancel they give you 10% of your premium money back (its in the small print apparently).

I have been with adrian flux a few times and found no problems with them although i hear they are hard to get your money out of, in the event of a claim, depending who they have insured you with.

At the moment i am insuring with Admiral as they have given me the best quote so far. I'm 27 with 5 years no claims ( i have 9 but i'm keeping 4 for my second car on a multicar policy). I have declaired all the mods and i have 3 points. Quote i got was £860 before the multicar discount so not bad at all.

CIS Insurace do agree'd values

Adrian Flux do too

I don't think admiral do though.

Scott =op

thats wat i though but after being butt fooked with not a drop of ky in sight by flux i read the policy top to tail it all depends on the overall max value, i can have any car up to £7500 anything over that the price goes up, but seriously look into a motor trader policy, they dont check if you are in the trade all you have to say is you valet a few cars part time and bob's your uncle i have claimed two new windows (vandalising bastards round here) they sorted it no problem, sent autoglass round same day, cost me £60 excess and its totally protected.

Sounds very well and good but wait till you put in a claim against them for your 7.5k car and whatever damage you do to another car in the event of an accident.

Insurance companies LOVE lies on policys. Why do you think they don't check the information until AFTER a claim is made. They will take your money for nothing until you try to claim something back. Then they will ask questions.

In order to be fully self employed you must be VAT registered or have a representitive that is.

Scott =op

Bigcol, your post implies that you're advocating insurance fraud?

To other members, be wary of this advice, as far as I can see it's illegal (and yes, the insurance companies are able to access this website).

not at all the last thing i want to do is mislead anyone or indeed advocate insurance fraud, what i am saying is there are reputable companies out there who will provide a motor traders policy. all that is required is you have something to do with the motor trade this could be as menial as filling the air up in peoples tyres to owning a car dealership, i valet at the most two cars a fortnight and make £35 each that entitles me to have a motor trade policy. you dont have to have a premises or a garage you can do it from home, it could be a mates car or a family member, it is perfectly legal, i found it works for me, it may not be to everyones liking, some people may think its dodgy all im saying is look into it you may be surprised at the criterior for a motor trade policy and decide for yourself its a cheaper easier option for half an hours work a week.............

I had a motor trader policy once like you, it is good for mods as you dont have to declare anything with any of the cars 'you drive', but it worried if it ever came to claiming for a full Supra, with mods, wheels, bodykits, hybrids etc, Im sure then they will investigate you further before paying out and if you dont have proper accounts to back up the work you do, then Im sure they as insurance companies all do will find an esscape. They will take your money, but when it comes to crunch time I need to know my Supra is covered totally, with no hassles......

Actually A Plan havent phoned me back, I shall chase them now...

Just to add to my pre post:

£700 fully comp 1 yr no claims, 25 years old, declaring N/S exhaust, body kit and alloys on a 1994 MK4 Supra twin turbo Auto!

With Admiral! (Very cheap and yes this is on a MK4 and not a MK3 and twin Turbo- I double checked as alot of people couldn't believe how cheap it was and to check the documents when they came through)

Downside: Admiral do not do agreed a valuation and they will not replace like for like if involved in an accident. They will just put the standard kit on. But for £700 fully comp its a BARGAIN.

I wish someone could explain this to me, A Plan called back, £1100, how comes everyone is getting it cheaper......thats all mods declared, wheels, bodykit, engine bay chromed and polished, and I also declared the exhaust and intercooler as I know this easily spotable if anything happens with the car. I didnt declare my hybrids as I doubt they will know any difference.

But Im sure you guys have declared similar, bodykits, wheels etc.....I even have a tracker fitted.....Im 30 with 9 NCB, why cant anyone give me a quote below a grand.

I know my postcode isnt that bad as I have checked on a list that someone posted on here once, and it was just average.

I will try Admiral tomorrow to see what they say.....