The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pissed off this morning.......

Suprash

Looks like A Plan are my best bet, so will deffo try them......

Seems Sky are now amending their premiums to try and claw back for all the claims, but seeing as Im protected 9 NCB, I thought that would stand for something.....

mkivsupra.net should drop Sky, their hopeless.......:(

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tonysupra

Just renewed my insurance with A plan (Jspec N/A) about £350 with protected and Tein sus and aftermarket alloys. Half what I have paid Tesco for 2 years. Includes partner who has her own MX5

surely it should come down to if the driver has had any accidents.. iv been driving 5 years with 4 ncb but they still wouldnt insure me!! no wonder there's so many uninsured drivers!!

last year i wanted a golf gti turbo but couldnt get insured on a 150bhp car, so i got a quote for a audi a3 1.8T quattro 180bhp and it wasnt a not a problem!! whats that all about???

The age of the average owner and the likelihood of the car being crashed. Thats why a Supra was chepaer to insure than a skyline (same power cars ) as the average age was higher and the likelihood of crashes was therefore a lower risk.

The age of the average owner and the likelihood of the car being crashed. Thats why a Supra was chepaer to insure than a skyline (same power cars ) as the average age was higher and the likelihood of crashes was therefore a lower risk.

Explain my £2900 for a 30 year old then, 9 NCB protected......:(

sky is bollocks, i tried gettin insured n they told me thay are cutting down on insuring supra's because of all the claims that are going thru!!

im 22 and payin a stupid £1300 on a n/a but when i was first started looking at quotes i got quoted the same on TT, pi**ed me right off coz i couldnt afford one at the time, i atleast thought it would be cheaper to insure the n/a than the TT but fook no.. got shafted same quote!!:spank:

Also when insuring an imported vehicle insurance companies dont care if it has a 2.0ltr engine, a 3.0ltr or a 3.0ltr twin turbo, they all get grouped together as a higher risk, hence why insurance an import car costs more.........

Explain my £2900 for a 30 year old then, 9 NCB protected......:(

Read my prvious posts Ash. The age of Supra owners has fallen and so they are being crashed more.you are being caught up in it im afraid :(

The other view is they no longer want your business and are trying subtly to get rid of you with an obscenely high quote :p

Read my prvious posts Ash. The age of Supra owners has fallen and so they are being crashed more.you are being caught up in it im afraid :(

The other view is they no longer want your business and are trying subtly to get rid of you with an obscenely high quote :p

Sorry Col, my bad :D Well they certainly did that....come on A Plan.......;) Still waiting for them to call me back....

I've said it before and I will say it again...

But I feel we need another insurer on the board, so they can fight it out with whoever else does insurance on the board. I still don't understand why we have to phone round just to give sky a different price in order to get a better quote, as Ash said isn't that their job?? WTF are we paying them for? WTF are we endorsing them for it that is their attitude. That way WE as members benefit. From my point of view sky are a trader, and given the numerous threads that have been coming in with regards sky means perhaps this should be re-evaluated... (shoot me if you want, but needs to be said)

I've said it before and I will say it again...

But I feel we need another insurer on the board, so they can fight it out with whoever else does insurance on the board. I still don't understand why we have to phone round just to give sky a different price in order to get a better quote, as Ash said isn't that their job?? WTF are we paying them for? WTF are we endorsing them for it that is their attitude. That way WE as members benefit. From my point of view sky are a trader, and given the numerous threads that have been coming in with regards sky means perhaps this should be re-evaluated... (shoot me if you want, but needs to be said)

completely agree :D

You quote is way tooooo expensive even the £1100 is taking the piss for a person your age. Im 21 with 3yrs ncb and im paying £1059 with all mods declared. I agree sky wasnt no help to me either they couldnt even get under 2000 for me. If so many people are complaing about sky why dont we do sumthing about it have a vote and see whether there actually any use to use at all.

I think it has something to do with the increased risk of under 30's on the Supra (there was another thread about it).

£2900 is a real pisstake though. I paid £2500 the first year i had my supra 5 years ago at 22 years old :D

I think as the price of Supras has fallen the age of owners has too and unfortunately the younger drivers tend to crash more and so the price of insurance is going to rise as the supra becomes a higher risk to insure :(

ha ha ha that would make you 27 ha ha i nearly fell for that col:p

Firstly, I'm not sticking up for sky but comparing quotes each of you have had is not helpful, ok there maybe some general market trends, but the way insurance works is on stats, every company has their own calculations and their own underwriting criteria, so I would not dwell on it!

Secondly, I work for a broker and from a works point of view there are always gonna be people you cannot please when it comes to quotes. I would hazard a guess that they may have been too optimistic with the loss ratios when writing up business and have put a load of risks on cover that they have done to keep the status quo within the club.

Also, according to the Association of British Insurers, motor insurers (so not the brokers) have lost money every year for the last 12 years! So underwriting on the behalf of an insurer can be a fine line, and when it's obviously that certain terms are loosing money, you have to exclude them, or risk loosing that company altogether.

Cheers

Matt

Secondly, I work for a broker and from a works point of view there are always gonna be people you cannot please when it comes to quotes. I would hazard a guess that they may have been too optimistic with the loss ratios when writing up business and have put a load of risks on cover that they have done to keep the status quo within the club.

Possibily, however the list of people unhappy with sky seems to be getting bigger. Them making a mistake on estimation is AGAIN not our problem.

Also, according to the Association of British Insurers, motor insurers (so not the brokers) have lost money every year for the last 12 years! So underwriting on the behalf of an insurer can be a fine line, and when it's obviously that certain terms are loosing money, you have to exclude them, or risk loosing that company altogether.

I find that VERY hard to believe, companies exist to make money, they wouldn't bother staying in business if it cost them money

well for me sky was bar far the cheapest with agreed value and mods 34yo, 9 year ncb, jap tt auto, tad under £600

flux wanted £2000 more than sky !!

by being recommended club insurer and having more supras insured you stand to have more claims than you did ?

other companys would not insure me cause id only been driving 200hp hondas for the past 2 years, and 328 beemers before that and they where not powerfull enough wtf is that about

dont even get me started on insurance companys using points against you for 5 years and the dvla for 4

I don't inderstand if your suppoused to be the clubs recommend insure then your suppoused to be giving us good deals because thats why you where choosen. I agree when then say they you can't please every one but i havnt been on this site for that long and have seen quite a few complaints about sky. There isnt a millions of us here for f**k sake is it that hard? I was qouted double what im paying from sky yer what a great deal.