The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra vs Focus ST

Metallikev

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having driven both extensively over the years, id say it does :p

You driven the new Mondeo extensively? If i wasn't paying i know i would rather have the Audi, obviously as its a better car.

A 2005 Mondeo will cost about half of what a 2005 Audi of similar spec will though. Granted it won't lose as much of a % in depreciation but i still think the amount of depreciation will be greater in the audi than an already majorly depreciated Mondeo.

Lets throw a cat among the pigeons. I'm actually going to buy a pre 02 Vectra SRi DTi. I sold mine and bought an Evo V 3 years ago. Wish i could get that car back now, it was absolutely perfect for a daily driver. Nothing went wrong with it ever and it was as cheap as chips to run/insure. Getting an 02 for around 3k now too lol.

Oh, thats what i have had to settle with because of the supra lol. Need to wait a few years before i can get the mondeo.

Scott =op

A few weeks ago I had a nice burn up against an ST with me staring at the back end and I must say I was quite impressed with it and more so with the driver's skill. It was on the A40 from Andoversford into Cheltenham. My Supe is stock UK. No straight lines. It's all bends hovering. We were around 90-110 leptons. Dare I say I was stepping out on the other lane whereas he was holding his line. Unashamedly I didn't get past him. Oncoming traffic and a 120+ overtake speed on a single twisty carriageway with a reservoir on one side. Can't win them all. It's not always about BHP and top speed. There's the other factor - driver stupidity (skill). LOL!! :)

Which one though? There is a 170bhp version remember. Its slower than a week in the jail though. Trouble with all the fords is they are all FWD, unless you go back to the Mk2 lol, so off the line they are terrible. After that the 220bhp one is fast till 100 in comparison. Probably wouldn't get a hiding but i still defend it would be beat.

Scott =op

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, what an interesting thread.

I have a 93 TT automatic. And it isn't running too good at mo. I was "followed" by one of the boys in blue (unmarked of course) when we pulled up along side each other I realised what it was. He wound his window down and proclaimed they need faster cars as he couldn't keep up!!

That was a 2006 focus ST, and he was a traffic cop. I think that says it all!!!