The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra vs Focus ST

Metallikev

Sorry, I know we're on about Focus ST's but when I used to work at Graham Goode Racing they had a Focus RS which they spent a bit of money doing up. They made a tubular exhaust manifold, exhaust system etc, air filter and superchips bluefin. This should have been a pretty pokey car. Car and conversions magazine did an article on it and they did some 0-60 runs etc and all it managed was a 5.7 secs.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I know we're on about Focus ST's but when I used to work at Graham Goode Racing they had a Focus RS which they spent a bit of money doing up. They made a tubular exhaust manifold, exhaust system etc, air filter and superchips bluefin. This should have been a pretty pokey car. Car and conversions magazine did an article on it and they did some 0-60 runs etc and all it managed was a 5.7 secs.

how ever much you polish a turd, it will always still be a turd :D long gone are the cosworth days.

Sorry Guys i cant slag off Fords...their my bread and butter....now vauxhall they are SH.T!!

I also have a old boner comuting car a mondeo R reg 2.0 petrol...120k and still going strong..cant seem to blow it up how ever hard i try!?

vauxhall are forgiven in my book for the gte all marks, and the gsi 4x4 cav! now they were cool cars. praise the red top. not to forget the 3 litre 24v carlton and senator.

now that's a cool car. One lives round the corner from and sounds really good with a sporty back box :D

And you've gotta love the Mantas :cool:

oh yes, especialy the sen, massive spec, german built and 200 bhp plus. what a car. now look at what they make!? still id rather a vaux than a ford. seems the ford try to be something their not where as a vaux is a vaux and proud of it.

After a bit of searching I believe these figures to be correct-

Focus RS 0-60 = 6.5

Focus ST 0-60 = 6.4

SUPRA TT 0-60 = 4.9:p

For my own knowledge, I could only find this time quoted for the N/A = 7.5:(

Is this true? Surely not?

I would have guessed the NA time about 6.5. If it's really 7.5 my car is a lot slower than I thought!

I would have guessed the NA time about 6.5. If it's really 7.5 my car is a lot slower than I thought!

its the torque though isnt it. i was driving home last night in 4th at around 1500rpm and just pressed my foot to the floor in to red! didnt even change to 5th, you can imagine what the speedo read lol

6.9 to 60 was my understanding, torque is good on an N/A though, its make for a very lazy drive if your that type of driver, but im not so i rev the shit out of it.

Its easy enough to set of in third from standing, and i bet you can set off in forth if you rev it a bit.

I had the st try have a go with me the other day, flying up my arse then backing off he then tryed under taking me so I accelarated a little so he could not pass:eyebrows: after about 10 minutes of his driving like a prick the traction control button come off high boost button went on, nothing but a little dot in the mirror with a shade of smoke and burnt rubber around him.

dont think he realised what I had under the bonnet :D

6.9 to 60 was my understanding, torque is good on an N/A though, its make for a very lazy drive if your that type of driver, but im not so i rev the shit out of it.

Its easy enough to set of in third from standing, and i bet you can set off in forth if you rev it a bit.

have also noticed the sudden kick you get after 4000rpm? is that normal on na's

i had a crack at a focus st at crail and just edge'd ahead JUST!!!!

and im only N/A 222.8 BHP so they will defo not beat a TT

get him at the track and take a few quid from him then you can go back to the pub and rip him silly about it all night (and get pish'd on his cash):eyebrows:

alex

After a bit of searching I believe these figures to be correct-

Focus RS 0-60 = 6.5

Focus ST 0-60 = 6.4

SUPRA TT 0-60 = 4.9:p

For my own knowledge, I could only find this time quoted for the N/A = 7.5:(

Is this true? Surely not?

Mk4 SZ Non Turbo:

Engine (cc) Power Max Sp 0-60mph MPG Transmission

3000cc / 225BHP / 143 / 6.5 / 20 / 4S Auto / 5 S Man

Just found these figure's :D.....

Mk4 SZ Non Turbo:

Engine (cc) Power Max Sp 0-60mph MPG Transmission

3000cc / 225BHP / 143 / 6.5 / 20 / 4S Auto / 5 S Man

Just found these figure's :D.....

Excellent. My car has just improved it's 0-60 time by a full second and it didn't cost me a penny. The TT boys spend ££££'s on big single turbos trying to achieve the same. :p

My friend has a Focus RS thats been having some work done to it. They dyno'd it the other day and it made 384bhp at the flywheel. How do you guys think this would compare to a BPU supra @ 1.25bar?

He took me for a spin in it when it was standard. It was quick but not impressive in a straight line. Corners didn't seem to be a problem though!

What was done to that car to achieve 384bhp, thats quite a bit for a 2ltr. If it was a bigger tubbie would it not suffer from massive lag. (just like the evo FQ400) and I bet that cost a testicle or two.

This is his list...

CGI block

cosworth racing rods

cosworth racing pistons

fettled head

std inlet manifold and std valves

primary designs iconel manifold

GT28o7R turbo unit

miltek decat

miltek zorst

21 psi of boost

blitz controler

gen 2 filter kit

std charge cooler

oh well, alot of money spent there I guess. I'm not a great fan of the focus but I will admit I do really like the RS (although I have not driven one). I think a BPU TT would be a pretty much even match. Both would have about the same bhp, the RS would be lighter but the supra should have more power lower down. I wouldnt want to put my money on either of them, I think it would be to close.

I would however have spent all that money on a nice big single supra :) I would imagine you could get a nice 700 - 800bhp monster for that sort of money, then there would be no comparison.