The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help! what can I take to stop me being sick?

carl0s

I drank lots last night and have felt rough all morning. I was sick just before, and seemed to be okay after, then 20 mins later I was sick again, two or three "goes" on that occasion.

Now, 20mins later again, I can feel it coming again :(

Can anyone think of something that's likely to be on hand in the average kitchen which helps?

I have a fair amount of benzos on hand (xanax and valium) which can be used as anticonvulsants but I don't wanna go sleepy!

Originally posted by Paul Laing

I thought this was a Supra forum? :innocent:

Nobody you can ask offline?

Paul

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have no mates.

Where's my fucking account gone on that "other" forum Paul? Anything to do with you?

Originally posted by Bobbeh

We are his family ;)

awww thanks :)

Drink some water and get whatever it is making you feel sick out of your body.... by throwing up! :D

yeah water felt good before, certainly better than Tea. It was like the excorcist though.. shooting out of my nose and mouth!!! haha and it was green.. I think.. kind of very watery and straight down the plughole.

I've just taken a mouthful of oral diazepam so I should be all right. sleepy though!!!

Originally posted by Tannhauser

I thought you worked in something pharmacology related?

nooo. IT stuff. I'm interested is psych stuff though. Might become a shrink one day.

hey I appreciated your post in the other thread, haven't got round to replying cause couldn't think of much to say except that your observations seemed very good. Are you a shrink? :)

Originally posted by Rob

You need an anti-emetic injection or tablets, which you'll only get from a doctor or at your Casualty dept.

interesting, thanks. Looks like something to add to the medicine cabinet!! .. hmmm, I'd rather not take anti-psychotics just cause I'm nauseus though. cannabis makes me insanely paranoid, and I use diphenhydramine for sleep off and on. What's the stuff that Shulgin et al used to take to prevent the nausea associated with mescaline?

Originally posted by carl0s

hey I appreciated your post in the other thread, haven't got round to replying cause couldn't think of much to say except that your observations seemed very good. Are you a shrink? :)

You're welcome. I'm not a shrink, just a nosy c**t. I've got a science/psychology background if that counts.

As for the vomiting, sorry, no idea. Personally, I'd just ride it out.

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Yeah just do what most people would do.....ride it out till you feel better!

Strange thread, sorry

I excel at strange!!

I'm not wierd, just quirky ;) (that's what my good friends mum says. she say's we're unusual me and her.)

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

Brainiac proved that a big fried breakfast made you feel better.

Or you could try Orange Juice as that is supposed to speed up your metabolism and help to process alcohol.

Or you could drink a pint of water before you go to bed last night, but this involves inventing a time machine of some sorts.

haha well as it happens I did drink lots of water before bed, and also during the night and this morning! That's prob why it was gushing out like water!! Beats blowing chunks outta your nose though!

mmm fried breakfast. Sounds tempting. I've not had fried anything for about 9 weeks now.

Pepto Bismol from the chemist is good for sorting your stomach out, if its the sickly feeling in your gut thats kicking off you being sick.

Also, "Andrews" is okay for a hangover cure.

I was off being sick almost constantly a few months ago as my stomach prodcues too much acid, and Pepto Bismol is what the speicalist recommended in the short term. Not so much an anti-emetic but does stop your stomach doing somersaults!

Other than that, Stemetil (doc only), Maxillon (same) or, if you have access to a pharmacy (via a nurse friend :) ), Ondansatron are anti-emetics (I think).

And believe it or not, so is Cannabis .