The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo Clutch options

RobSheffield

Which clutch do you run on your single Supra?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which clutch do you run on your single Supra?

I had a RPS tripple plate.... dont go tripple!!!!

I not have an HKS twin plate and its feel so light, its such a pleasure. I dont know if it will be up to the power though as supragold went through his in 5000 miles.

It wont be long till i have killed it if its going to die. Im dead chuffed with it at the mo.

P.S does rattle a little... but only when the clutch is down.My HKS twin plate came with a lightened fly wheel and was under a grand inc. vat. Can prob get a lot cheaper from the states etc

I had a RPS tripple plate.... dont go tripple!!!!

I not have an HKS twin plate and its feel so light, its such a pleasure. I dont know if it will be up to the power though as supragold went through his in 5000 miles.

It wont be long till i have killed it if its going to die. Im dead chuffed with it at the mo.

P.S does rattle a little... but only when the clutch is down.My HKS twin plate came with a lightened fly wheel and was under a grand inc. vat. Can prob get a lot cheaper from the states etc

I did the 1st one in 4000 and the rebuilt one in 5000 :(

HKS Europe soon changed the power rating on their website when i kicked up. Hence removing it and replacing it with a more suited one.

Multi plate clutches all use a different flywheel to stock. Cerrametallic clutches are not very good for driving in a lot of traffic, or drag starts, firstly the friction surfaces only allow about 25 to 40 thou of wear, and they don't absorb a lot of heat from slippage well. They can work fine if you use them as intended, but for a truly stock, none grabby feel, you need an organic lined single plate, or maybe a high end carbon / carbon. It becomes a compromise, with price a big factor in how they work and how reliable and "nice" they are. HKS multi plates can be a nightmare in traffic. Don't know why, they just *are*.

for a truly stock, none grabby feel, you need an organic lined single plate, or maybe a high end carbon / carbon.

Sorry to snip your quote Chris, but what do you mean by organic? The material the friction plate is made out of?

Carbon is the only pure organic material I've seen mentioned as a friction material

Right, had a great price on an RPS. They seem to be the ones that will feel stock, last, and hold the power.

Id have liked an OS Giken, but im worried they may not be good.

Thanks for your advice and opinions :)

As mentioned eariler, the only reason it's got the most votes is due to the fact that the RPS is the one that 'everyone owns'. That may be because it's the 'best' one, but might also be down to the viral marketing that happens on the forum.

It doesn't make it the best choice for you, I mean you always marketed the one you had until.... well... you know.

As mentioned eariler, the only reason it's got the most votes is due to the fact that the RPS is the one that 'everyone owns'. That may be because it's the 'best' one, but might also be down to the viral marketing that happens on the forum.

It doesn't make it the best choice for you, I mean you always marketed the one you had until.... well... you know.

Very true.

Im not really going on what got most votes (i actually had to check you were right then!) its more about what cars with similar spec have got and what i can comfortably afford, and what will feel nice/last/not break

Spoke to my supplier who gave a good deal on the RPS, its good for Ian C who is also running a T67 (dbb)

Its all very well and good several people saying they run an OS Giken but they run T51s so i dont need that power.

However, im going to get a quote on the one you have too Homer, just to cover all bases (who supplies them?!)