grahamc

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Up-rated fuel pump, 550'cc injectors and a Greddy Emanage

nice, uk spec kit?

I have this going in to my rebuild next week, dont know why it was never offered to me in the past as a good tuning mod to high BHP ?

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/aquamist-hfs5-water-injection-system-p-3120.html

I would not use the water injection to gain extra power, more as an additional safety feature...

New radiator cap ;)

yeah, that will gain me laods!!

That was a joke by the way for any wiseguys out there :)

The last time I saw Graham his supras Rad Cap was leaking and I could hear the water boiling in the overflow...

Yeah, shocking!! I just never open the bonnet after driving, alwys before

Wouldn't these VNT's be wasted in a sequential outfit? If I were to use them I'd run them in parallel. You also have to control them somehow, has the link ecu got enough computing power to do this? Might be worth talking to DMS about mapping a VNT car as they seem to have got their heads around the 997TT.

Regarding the headwork, is there any benifits to be had by working on the intake runners & inlet plenum? What about finishing the exhaust manifold? Would having the insides smoothed & tidied help with EGT's at all? Was just thinking of flow resistance causing heat.

I would expect some extra response but not 60BHP at your boost/power levels. Remember Gaz is running 2.0 bar (iirc). The BHP/£ ratio is also a little scary :blink:

I realised that I wouldnt get 60hp, but what could I get realistically...

However I do agree that for that sort of money, I could go single and get a lot more power, but I am trying to get the most out of my sequential setup ;) just want to see how far it can go, before single... :D

I'd be amazed if the manifold makes any difference on a TT, other than cause more lag. Gaz is talking about a very high power car, very large turbo pushing massive amounts of air, at your power levels you're hardly going to be reaching the limits of the stock system.

Have you removed the trac system already?

I'd be amazed if the manifold makes any difference on a TT, other than cause more lag. Gaz is talking about a very high power car, very large turbo pushing massive amounts of air, at your power levels you're hardly going to be reaching the limits of the stock system.

Have you removed the trac system already?

Ok, pity, dammit!! It looks much better than my stock one... :(

Any weight saving?? Trying to justify it to myself... :p

Trac? Whats that traction control? If its that, my little button on the dash does absolutely "jack"...

Ok, pity, dammit!! It looks much better than my stock one... :(

Any weight saving?? Trying to justify it to myself... :p

Trac? Whats that traction control? If its that, my little button on the dash does absolutely "jack"...

It does look nice, i'll give you that :D I'd have thought about the same weight wise. You'd probably want to change the throttle body too - no point having a massive intake and keep the Supra system. The battery would need moving, as would the fuse box, then the extra pipework for the IC pipes... it's all rather expensive and for what will probably be no real gain.

The Trac system is a great big disc of metal in the stock throttle body, when open it sits open and horizontal just before the main throttle control. Removing that will get rid of a small amount of restriction in the throttle body. It should make a very small increase in flow with it all removed. If you remove the IC pipe to the throttle body and look into it, the trac system is the first thing you'll see.

It does look nice, i'll give you that :D I'd have thought about the same weight wise. You'd probably want to change the throttle body too - no point having a massive intake and keep the Supra system. The battery would need moving, as would the fuse box, then the extra pipework for the IC pipes... it's all rather expensive and for what will probably be no real gain.

The Trac system is a great big disc of metal in the stock throttle body, when open it sits open and horizontal just before the main throttle control. Removing that will get rid of a small amount of restriction in the throttle body. It should make a very small increase in flow with it all removed. If you remove the IC pipe to the throttle body and look into it, the trac system is the first thing you'll see.

Is rather expensive then... :(

I know what you mean now, I saw it when I took the previous FMIC off. In answer to your question, no I have not...