The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oxygen sensor

wilkorangerover

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carb cleaner also does the job of cleaning them up, you can use a muti meter on the sensor whilst the cars running to see if its knackered or not don't forget to do this once its come off the cold start as it will still be in a closed loop cycle, you should see a fluctuation in the reading.. say 0- 400 Ohms ish? I've not done this on a supe but same apply's to most other cars.

Alternatively buy a lambda tester!!

I like lemon in my coke.....

Carb cleaner also does the job of cleaning them up, you can use a muti meter on the sensor whilst the cars running to see if its knackered or not don't forget to do this once its come off the cold start as it will still be in a closed loop cycle, you should see a fluctuation in the reading.. say 0- 400 Ohms ish? I've not done this on a supe but same apply's to most other cars.

Alternatively buy a lambda tester!!

I like lemon in my coke.....

Where do you put the probes.

I've had a multi meter for ages but never used it, this is my chance :D

Ok so I reinstalled my o2 sensors today after cleaning with lemon, and a wee squirt of brake/clutch cleaner. I reset the ECU while I was putting them back in to give it a chance to re-learn.

Results ? All good so far :) First thing I noticed was the idle was more stable - it wasn't too bad before but did wander just a little bit, now its rock solid.

Its also a good bit quicker, I was starting to think it was just quite slow for a 3.0 and there wasnt much I could do about it , but driving it this afternoon was much more fun. When it comes on cam around 4k ish its pulling with real verve and conviction now, it actually feels 220bhp worth now!

My car might have been especially needing these sensors cleaned as I do a lot of driving around town, and my commute to work is only about 2 miles so it wont get a chance to warm up properly... I guess these facts will have contributed to very sooty o2 sensors.

I filled the car up so I will check my mpg and report back, fingers crossed it will be more sensible than the record low 16.91 mpg I got over the last tank ! I will report back on this.

jesus,,, seems to go even better now 4 some reason....

Is this after you cleaned the sensors?

I've now done 75 miles since filling the tank, and its only used a quarter. Rough calculations show that as 25mpg which Im very happy with !

The car is also so much quicker, it had got really sluggish. Enjoying the extra performance so much :D

Theres 1 sensor on the TT , Sharpie posted this pic of the sensor on his engine

Konio NT posted this pic of the sensor locations on the N/A which I found useful

And heres a couple of close up pics of the N/A sensors I took

Just 2 12m nuts hold them on. HTH