The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I have £5k to spend!

Epic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just insure it as a uk spec if the insurance compny doesnt ask you if its a import play dumb, and hope you dont crash or crash into any one.

try bell insurance im 21 insured 1 years ncb and paying £948 standard and with mods £1096 + however £56 of that is break down cover

I thought that having an auto would take away some enjoyment of having a supra. I was wrong. The autobox isnt like something thats on a old fiesta. Its great and you'll soon get used to not having to change gear etc.

I would test drive as many a possible, TT's, NA's, autos and manuals. You'll get a better idea then of what you want and what the differances are:)

Im 22 so thats why it high, im with elephant at the mo, and there not to botherd about mods.

and i would want a manual all the way, but if the right supra come alone i guess i couldnt b to fussy. but asking for a uk spec tt black with a manual is like asking the sun to come out in england

people told me if you find a supra you love dont walk away from it just cos its a auto, since i got one i dont think i ever want manual again, auto + cruise controle is even better :p

just insure it as a uk spec if the insurance compny doesnt ask you if its a import play dumb, and hope you dont crash or crash into any one.

try bell insurance im 21 insured 1 years ncb and paying £948 standard and with mods £1096 + however £56 of that is break down cover

Yeah - and then go single, get 600bhp and don't tell them that either.

This is stupid advice - if you're going to do that you may as well not insure it, since you're not actually insured anyway.

Nah i aint silly enough to do that, anyways the old bill are getting shit hot on things lately and will do road side MOT's and find out from the insurer about the policy and any mods declaired at the side of the road, iv seen a few of my friends cars loaded up and taken away at cruised the old bill have pounced on

Dont give out advice like that mate. That is just stupid.

Nah i aint silly enough to do that, anyways the old bill are getting shit hot on things lately and will do road side MOT's and find out from the insurer about the policy and any mods declaired at the side of the road, iv seen a few of my friends cars loaded up and taken away at cruised the old bill have pounced on

Oh rheally???? Best not to advise people to defraud their insurance company.

Best to be properly insured mate, or else the driver will be receiving a section 165 seizure :Pling:

As otghers have said, you're really clever mate.

Might be worth raising a MID action with Bell as they clearly have an idiot on their books.

You'd definitely get a very very nice Jap spec TT for 5K, and it would have seen less salt than a UK car. I personally think the J-Specs are faster and drive much more responsively, but others will disagree. I would want to pay less for a UK car than a J-Spec, so if you can organise insurance for a Jap car I'd look for a fresh import at auction for under 5K and maybe spend a bit on cosmetics. Most of the ones from dealers looked quite different before they were prepped for the showroom!

Meh i gave bad advise sorry for that, I did not state i was doing it (sheefa) so no need for the sault or to label me as dumb, probs the odd few on here doing it, don't worry im fully insured with all mods and as jap, however i do know people insured under uk with a jap car and have actually been abel to make claims by playing dumb and are addiment that it is easy to get away with, tbh i would of thought there was quite a few doing that on here as allot of young one's do do it, i'm a good boy and as i can afford the insurance and recived a very good quote from bell i did not need to do the above, i can tell you i have no points, never made a claim hence been abel to be insured a jap.

Meh i gave bad advise sorry for that, I did not state i was doing it (sheefa) so no need for the sault or to label me as dumb, probs the odd few on here doing it, don't worry im fully insured with all mods and as jap, however i do know people insured under uk with a jap car and have actually been abel to make claims by playing dumb and are addiment that it is easy to get away with, tbh i would of thought there was quite a few doing that on here as allot of young one's do do it, i'm a good boy and as i can afford the insurance and recived a very good quote from bell i did not need to do the above, i can tell you i have no points, never made a claim hence been abel to be insured a jap.

Do you have any mods on your car or is it totally stock? Because I know for a fact that Bell don't cover any mods at all.

And I doubt that anyone on here would intentionally try to defraud their insurance company by leaving out pertinent facts during the quotation process. Insurance companies are not stupid, they share information with other agencies including the DVLA and the Police. You gave some really irresponsible advice, that could land someone with a criminal record for fraud.

So any criticism you receive, you deserve. You haven't been a member here very long,and for you to imply that other members here would try and defraud their insurance company is plain out of order.

As a moderator, it's a shame that I can't say what I really think.

ok ok ok calm down, as i said "i would of thought" i wasnt implying or labeling people, im not calling any one a fruadster, as people had said that to me, im just saying what i have had said to me, sorry that i have dangerous advice i did not look at it in them circumstances, or look at what i said in that way, again sorry.

Yes bell does inusure mods, my modifications are down as alloys none optional extra's, after market's along with the hks air filter and the only thing i havent insured is the back box as its just welded on to the standard system and as i am waiting for my new exhaust to come which will then be put on and insured, also my last car which was a highly modifed honda civic ( none engine) exterior, full interior, wheels, and back box and bell insured all that so i confirm for 100% that Bell insurance does insure modifications.

lew