The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I have £5k to spend!

Epic

Well I left Bell as they wouldn't cover my FMIC,performance exhaust, or like for like in the event of a claim. They also (for the first year) had my car down as a mkIII (I found this out after claiming for a windscreen).

The only things that i could say in their favour was the NCB they gave me (max) when I insured with them as previously I had been a named driver on my wifes insurance as prior to that i only had a motorbike and a healthy discount for some additional driving qualifications that I've got. ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway back on topic and to the posters original question, you have a budget of £5k.

Have you got anything spare in the tank for maintainence/servicing etc? Tyres aren't cheap for example, fuel bills can be interesting and the slippery slope can be mega expensive. ;)

You'll be luck to find a UK for that sort of money, good luck if you do, Mileage shouldn't be much of an issue of it's been well looked after, but I would budget somewhere between £600-£1k per annum for servicing depending on mileage.

Good luck with your quest.

Well I left Bell as they wouldn't cover my FMIC,performance exhaust, or like for like in the event of a claim. They also (for the first year) had my car down as a mkIII (I found this out after claiming for a windscreen).

The only things that i could say in their favour was the NCB they gave me (max) when I insured with them as previously I had been a named driver on my wifes insurance as prior to that i only had a motorbike and a healthy discount for some additional driving qualifications that I've got. ;)

i just called bell to query the mods, even tho i am covered for my mods and have paid extra to have them added onto the policy, all it has done is cover my back, so if they were not declaird/uninsurred they would void the insurance, they have informed me the mods have been covered under the insurance however in the event of a accident,theft/claim they will not pay out for the mods only the market value of the car, is that normal to pay for mods on insurance yet there not covered?? in away thats like having house insurance yet saying we are not insuring whats in your house!

possibly why there cheap ?

That doesn't sound right at all. If you're paying more to have them surely they should cover them. But I suppose to them the mods mean the insurance should rise and your insurance wont be void, but still id be dissapointed that they are not covered.

most insurance companies will only give market value of the car if you claim.

The trouble is they could not tell me what the market value of my car was.STRANGE

considering the premium paid, must have some bearing on what the car is worth.

i have had quots ranging from £475------£1700 ALL MODS DECLARED.

i just called bell to query the mods, even tho i am covered for my mods and have paid extra to have them added onto the policy, all it has done is cover my back, so if they were not declaird/uninsurred they would void the insurance, they have informed me the mods have been covered under the insurance however in the event of a accident,theft/claim they will not pay out for the mods only the market value of the car, is that normal to pay for mods on insurance yet there not covered?? in away thats like having house insurance yet saying we are not insuring whats in your house!

possibly why there cheap ?

As i said that is exactly why I changed to Sky, as they cover like for like on declared modifications, as I knew Bell didn't.

another quick question, im getting a hks bov on saturday is this classed as some thing that has to be declaird as it doesnt increase preformance in away its like putting in better spark plugs?

ANYTHING that isn't OEM is a modification.

Guest spider
As stated i currently have £5k....

I want a UK spec Twin Turbo, am i dreaming or should i come back with a new more £k

I know all the UK Specs are the same so not like i can choose a cheaper model, but i would prefer under 100k miles and black...

once again im prob dreaming but any advice would be great coz all my money cleared today and its time for a new car

Thanks guys

Ah! 5 grand to spend on a twin turbo ey;)

Dude you need a....................................NISSAN 300ZX Twin Turbo:eyebrows::eyebrows::p..........................right pin pulled im of!!!

As stated i currently have £5k....

I want a UK spec Twin Turbo, am i dreaming or should i come back with a new more £k

I know all the UK Specs are the same so not like i can choose a cheaper model, but i would prefer under 100k miles and black...

once again im prob dreaming but any advice would be great coz all my money cleared today and its time for a new car

Thanks guys

check out south-west autotrader,don't know if it's a miss print ,this is 2nd week it's been in.uk tt,95 m .black ,auto.high miles==£3,500, devon

Well my tuppence is you will for sure find a UK spec auto for that £5k there are a few about now with less than great service history and more miles than average. Wether you would want to buy said car or not is another matter.

Do yourself a favour, do a hell of a lot more research in the insurance department and see what can be achieved (legally of course) you may be surprised.

To re-iterate what other members have said, please guys have a think about what you are posting in relation to legally effective stuff like insurance, a tongue in cheek remark could be taken as fact by noobs. Bell may in fact insure you with mods like wheels etc but when it comes to power mods they don't, so in effect saying that both they do and do not insure mods is true but in reality they don't insure the mods that most here do.

Yeh i totaly understand that and i aint won to chuck away money, so iv printed all the guides you guys have on guying supra and specs etc etc and will do my homework, look around, not rush into anything and get my self a good deal that i will be happy with for years to come!

Every post reply im really greatfull for as your the guys with the supras not me! you know what its like to buy and own a supra so when it comes down to finding one i like, ill b right on here asking what you guys think

The guys here tend to inflate the whole price of the car thing. I've seen recently club cars (that tend to be more expensive than say ebay or auto trader equivalents due to their "known" nature) go for silly money. I've been in the market for a MK4 for a while and watched some real bargains pass me by. (I bought a volvo estate instead cos I just couldn't handle life without a car I could just ram someone with and drive off in lol)